Changing battle system to a tactical battle system

Marrun34

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
Hi all, I think someone posted something like this one time ago, but it didn't solve my problem, i also searched a lot trying to get the answer but I didn't, I hope someone can help me.

My name is Dani, i'm from Spain and i'm 18, someday talking with my friends about games and these things i asked them why not to make our game, and we decided to make our own game with our own history, and we started the game, it was an FF styled RPG:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzng04_x7zDYTBvaUdJVUptek0&authuser=0

Dani it's me, Sola its the second name of one my friends and the third it's our friend to, and it's the death ingame, from the beginning to this point it's all alright, i'm not an expert on this but i managed to get what i wanted, the problem came when some of our friends wanted to join the game, and i told them there were no problem, i have planned to switch the battle system to another like fire emblem have, here's a link so everyone that don't know what fire emblem is understand the battle system:

and i found gubid's engine:

http://gubi.us:8001/redmine/news/30

but the problem is that this comes with and isometric view, a project called layy meta engine:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2gFiYjq7rP0/hqdefault.jpg

and i really don't like the layy meta engine but love the Gubid tactical battle system, the thing is i heard you can turn off the layy meta engine and only use the gubids engine, but i dont know how to do it, also i tested an older version of the gubid's engine that doesn't come with the layy meta engine but these didnt't worked on my rpg vx ace, i tried sending an email to gubid so he can help me but didn't response, so if anyone here can help me that would be nice, thank you for your time.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The latest version can toggle between regular and layy view. As far as I know any map you build is in standard view by default.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't used that engine myself, but usually all toggles are done by switches or variables that have to be configured in the script.

Most likely the default configuration of the script uses a switch that you already used in a different event and have switched before the first battle.

Check the script configuration for switch-IDs and variable IDs and change them to unused switches and variables, and then name the new switches to prevent a double use again.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just checked again and yes, the GTBS does play in default view when creating new maps. Hell, there's a sample map in there with default view (MAP001). The script does not go into isometric unless you specifically made the map using the layy engine editor.

Marrun34

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
Just checked again and yes, the GTBS does play in default view when creating new maps. Hell, there's a sample map in there with default view (MAP001). The script does not go into isometric unless you specifically made the map using the layy engine editor.
Maybe im just that stupid that unintentionally i've created the map with layy engine, but that wasn't the only thing i've made, i also tried to copy the map of my project to gubid's project and the game ran well till i enter on a fight, that showed an error, im not sure how to proceed... just building the map on another project using the scripts, trying to solve the problem i get on the gubid project using my map... i will try this night and i will send news about this, of course i will try again all the options.

Thank you for your answer

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just built a map from scratch and activated a battle just fine. Could you show me how you initiated a battle?

Marrun34

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
Yes i was that stupid... just tested the layy meta map, didn't see the others... im sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDontEvenKnow