Changing charachter potrait and sprite

Kikko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
So I want to make a place where you can change your hairstyle and clothing in my game. The problem is just that when you have the option to change clothes to the character I also have to change their portrait when they talk since there are different combinations to choose from. The only fix I have currently is making ALOT of different versions of the game with the exact combination of hair and clothes. My characters also have different emotions on their portraits wich doesn't help the case at all. If someone could help me that would really really help. (If you want any kind of clarification just ask) Thank you in advance!

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recommend you take a look at Sumrndmdde's character creator. It handles the options to choose hairs/clothes (and other parts if you want, else you can hide them,) and will change their sprite and portrait.

It also has two sister plugins, Custom Faces which let you set up different portrait emotions for the character you create, and the Dynamic Actors that lets you set it up so if your character equips a different armour/helmet etc, it will automatically change the graphics to fit. They're all really great plugins, and I think it'll be perfect for what you're looking for :kaoluv:

If you decide to use it, I'd also recommend that you take a look at the link in my signature. It has some graphic fixes and loads of new pieces you can add in to expand the players choice.

Kikko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
I recommend you take a look at Sumrndmdde's character creator. It handles the options to choose hairs/clothes (and other parts if you want, else you can hide them,) and will change their sprite and portrait.

It also has two sister plugins, Custom Faces which let you set up different portrait emotions for the character you create, and the Dynamic Actors that lets you set it up so if your character equips a different armour/helmet etc, it will automatically change the graphics to fit. They're all really great plugins, and I think it'll be perfect for what you're looking for :kaoluv:

If you decide to use it, I'd also recommend that you take a look at the link in my signature. It has some graphic fixes and loads of new pieces you can add in to expand the players choice.
This looks really good!
I'll check em out tomorrow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi