infamousplot

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello!

During an event I want to briefly change the character's sprite when they are transferred to a different location. I found that doing that on the same map caused the player to instead be transferred to the entrance of the map instead.

I duplicated the map and changed the location to the copy, which stopped the respawning issue, but now it does not allow me to trigger the next event (all you need to do is just press z and the next part should start). I'm not sure why this is happening, it seems to be purely related to the sprite change because it was working perfectly fine before that, but I'm not sure why changing the sprite would affect something like that.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Changing the sprite would not cause them to transfer to the wrong location. There is something else doing it.

Is this different location on the same map, or a different map? Are you using plugins?

You might need to show a screenshot of your event, and a screenshot of your map, highlighting the area the player is meant to transfer to, and the area they do transfer to.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iSexPistols7