Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look at the edit.

I applied these notetags (and changed the 13 to a 40 of course) and it didn't work. When my mage's MP is at 100, the state is there, and when it's not, it disappears. This happens whether or not Arcane Manager is active.

Alternatively, I've been wondering if using action sequences would be the easier way to go.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, show me screenshots of the actor/class entry, the Arcane Manager state and the Arcane Sickness state, please.

Archlvt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cleared out sickness' notetag since it is being triggered by 41 instead of by itself.

Attachments

• Arcanist.png
    Arcanist.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Manager1.png
    Manager1.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Manager2.png
    Manager2.png
    172 KB · Views: 2
  • Sickness.png
    Sickness.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 2

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, that's the exact setup I have. If it's not working, there has to be another plugin breaking it.

Archlvt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I managed to get the whole thing working using action sequence. Will put it through testing and let everyone know the result.

Archlvt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh boy what a ride!!! But I did it. Just in case anyone else wants to do something bonkers like this, this is how I pulled it off.

<target action>
mp +20: user

if user.mp > 74
Add State 46: user
end

if user.mp < 75
Remove State 46: user
end

if user.mp > 59
Add State 45: user
end

if user.mp < 60
Remove State 45: user
end

if user.mp > 44
Add State 44: user
end

if user.mp < 45
Remove State 44: user
end

if user.mp > 29
Add State 43: user
end

if user.mp < 30
Remove State 43: user
end

if user.mp > 14
Add State 42: user
end

if user.mp < 15
Remove State 42: user
end

wait: 10
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
wait for animation
wait for movement

if user.mp === user.mmp
Add State 40: user
end

wait: 5

</target action>

This is for my MP building elemental skills. The spenders deal the damage BEFORE changing states though so they can reap the benefits of the buff before the MP drops. I made 6 States. 5 of which provide the varying damage boosts, the 6th being sickness. They are all immune to the level beneath them, as well as auto removing the ones beneath them.

I also did
if user.mp === user.mmp

instead of == 100 so that if I want to add a trinket that gives the mage extra max mp later, it'll give them a nicer threshold to play with at max damage before having to unload. Sickness lasts the correct duration, everything works. It was a hell of a ride to get here, and I had to test every scenario, but it all works. Phew. Let's hope she holds up, but it passed all the testing.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad you got it sorted.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I don't even know if I'm going to USE all these maps in my game, I just like making maps...
Huh. A forum topic just pointed out to me one MV->MZ difference I hadn't registered previously: the skill/item use message in MZ doesn't have the actor name hardcoded at the beginning like MV did, so you have more control over having stuff come before it.
1620833447825.png
This is one of the most beautiful art styles I've seen... it's also the style I draw in... er.... what's this style called...?
Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greerenz