RMMV Changing Enemy sprites with YED Sideview Battler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...view-battler-change-sprite-mid-battle.111677/

so I was trying to transform one of my enemies and tried the same method here in this topic, except I tried it with enemy end of it. I had this essentially...

if (this.isEnemy()) {
if (this.isStateAffected(YOUR STATE ID)) {
battler = $dataEnemies[ENEMY ID];
} else {
battler = this.enemy();
}
}

but unlike doing it for actors, which works easily as described in the other topic... it doesn't seem to do the same thing for enemies.

I also tried http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Enemy_Transformations_(MV_Plugin_Tips_&_Tricks) but for some reason when it transforms into the next enemy, it displays all the frames and doesn't animate it properly. oh and lastly of course I tried default enemy transformation and that just throws an error with http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Animated_Sideview_Enemies_(YEP)

so unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what to try next here... if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. thanks everyone.

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you need both YED Sideview Battlers and Yanfly Animated Sideview Enemies? That could well be what caused the Yanfly Tip to not work correctly.

And in the other topic you never got this code working, so why do you think it would work in this instance?

What error do you get when you use the built-in transformation command?

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using a custom spritesheet for enemies too? If so, you may want to look at this post for assistance. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like you had the same problem as that post's OP, and you could start from there. Let us know if you encounter anything new.

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually I had copied something wrong in that topic and in my last post on it, realized I'd made a mistake... It works perfectly fine for actors as I stated. I'm using YED because I can use custom sprite-sheets. in my game all enemies just have one idle animation that is usually 5 or so frames.

this is there error I get though when using the built in transformation...

Enemy Transform.PNG

The other stuff doesn't seem to throw an error though at least. it just won't play the actual animation and just shows the sprite-sheet as a whole.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using a custom spritesheet for enemies too? If so, you may want to look at this post for assistance. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like you had the same problem as that post's OP, and you could start from there. Let us know if you encounter anything new.
Maybe I'm missing something, but how does it sound like the same problem? The other thread has the enemy sprite moving on the screen while animating, this thread is about not being able to change which spritesheet is being referenced.
The other stuff doesn't seem to throw an error though at least. it just won't play the actual animation and just shows the sprite-sheet as a whole.
So...is that also what happens when you use the code you pasted in your first post? I still don't see where you clearly said what goes wrong when you do that, you just say "it doesn't seem to do the same thing."
this is there error I get though when using the built in transformation...
It's weird that you get an error from the event command but not the user.transform() function, that's what the event command calls.

I'm still betting it's a conflict between the two animation plugins. If you turn off the YED plugin, does the transform function/event work without an error? If yes, what happens if you move the YED above or below (whichever it isn't now) the Yanfly in your plugin manager?

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
eh sorry if I haven't explained myself too well. I'm not really the best at that sometimes I've noticed. basically when I used the Yanfly tips and tricks or what's listed in the other post, but for enemies... it won't give me an error, it'll just show the entire spritesheet upon the transformation.

Actually I just got it to work with the Yanfly stuff. The plugin in question was oddly enough Yanfly's Visual State FX. I turned it off and it work. THAT'S the plugin that was oddly enough causing the errors. I tried the to transform without anything on but Animated enemies and it was working as I went down the plugin list until I turned on Visual State FX.

sorry for all the confusion I've probably caused with this post. it's seemingly solved though now so I'll have it closed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closing as solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

spillycup wrote on Finnuval's profile.
i love u so much! i’m so happy you’re in my life right now :kaocry:
To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
Marquise* wrote on Mrs_Allykat's profile.
Your new logo is sooooo attractive! Feels like those sour liquid candy mixed with the wrapping of the popping candy rocks ones. ^^ It gives flavor and taste to our eyes. ^^
Sorry I couldn't comment before, I relogged here for someone's B-Day yesterday. ((Yeah yeah... been scared got on the throne and all as usual. Being social seems harder than walking now. So sorry to everyone and especially you.))
How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Applegreed