Cratex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi everyone,

straight to the point I want my main character to be able to activate an ability (only during battle) which allows them to change their form into another character (essentially change actor or change class). I was wondering how to do this, but also how to have the actor change back to their original form after the battle.

I hope I explained well enough.

RoyGonzalez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can make a common event to change party members
Thin go to make the skill under effects tad 4 common
Event. After battling you can set a common event set to
Parallel process that looking for actors you don't want in
The party and if they in the part run change party members
Jast remember you will need to do the change for in and out
Both times

Hope that helps

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can also do this via a state, depending on exactly what you want to happen.
Wanting to change 'form' is a bit vague. Do you want to change the sprite? Or do you want the actor to have different stats and abilities?

For different stats and abilities, have a battle skill which does nothing but inflict a state on the actor. Or, if you want this to be independent of the player, use a change state command in the troop event. Let us say that you want to change the actor from Peasant to Knight.
Create a skill type 'Knight'
Create skills set to type 'Knight' - even if they are duplicates of other skills, they need to be their own type because of what follows.
In the Features box of the state,
Seal skill type Magic and/or Special. That prevents the actor using any skills they have as a Peasant.
Add skill type Knight.
Add skill X. Here add the skills you created earlier.
Obviously your Knight is going to be a better fighter than a peasant, so adjust your stats by using the Parameter tag and putting in what you want e.g. ATK * 130%
Make sure you click 'Remove at Battle End' box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Watching the launch, I felt a sort of detached excitement. Usually I'd think something like this would be extremely exciting. I'm fascinated by space exploration and am a big Sci-Fi fan. I guess it's just current events.
What did everyone else think about it?
Doing ep 1 of my RPG!
For those still craving more Konosuba madness
I'm new here, any tips welcome

Hope you fun! :LZSgrin: :LZSkiss:
I set my goal to be finished with Knight Bewitched 2 by sometime in July. Based on my current work schedule and progress, I'm not sure that's going to happen, but by golly I'm gonna try!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member