caelangm

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!
I've looked into this topic a whole lot, and no threads from the past seem to have come to a definitive conclusion. Changing the game icon for Windows is super easy- you just change the icon file in the games resources. However, this does absolutely nothing when running the game on Mac. Does anyone have any solution to this?
Even going into the game's contents after deploying and changing the .icns file does nothing.

Thanks!

EDIT-- SOLUTION
Hi all! I decided to mess around a bit more and ended up coming across a solution by combining a couple different proposed solutions I had found. Hopefully this thread can help anyone else struggling in the future!

To solve this issue, you right click on the game.app, then go to "show package contents." From here, go to Contents -> Resources, and then change the app.icns to your icon (you can find places to convert from png to icns online, make sure you keep the same name). This wont change anything immediately, which is where I got caught up, but all you have to do is rename the game.app to something random, and then change it back to game, and your change should go through.
I ran into one issue where it switched back after testing it one more time, but changing the name again fixed it. Best of luck everyone!

This thread is one that I had looked at and attempted to use. I don't think it had any impact on my final outcome, but if this isn't working for you it can't hurt to try my instruction again but using this thread in tandem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried your method but when the game app has a name other than 'game' it doesn't use the assigned icon.
Here is the assigned icon:
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.06.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.06.08 AM.png
When the app is named 'game':
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.06.30 AM.png
When the app is named something else:
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.06.43 AM.png

The icon.png was implemented in the games files before deployment, so I'm not sure whats causing this issue. I've used other engines like ren'py and they worked fine when it came to changing the game icon.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsplurge41