Changing Game Over Screen

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by rpghexe, Jul 31, 2018.

1. rpghexe

rpghexe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Howdy y'all, so I'm trying to change the default game over screen to my custom one and it's giving me issues. I got the from SumRndmDde Game Over Core plugin, I followed the tutorial to change the image, and when I get a game over it just gives me an error that the file could not be loaded. I did check to make sure the file is the proper size and file type. If anyone could know a solution, that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

2. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it in the right folder? Most of his plugins require images to be in a 'SunRndmDde" folder.

3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Many of SumRndmDde's plugins no longer work if you have the latest version of MV.
    However, I'm wondering if you need a plugin at all, if all you want to do is to change the Game Over graphic.
    If you make your custom screen the same size as the default one, call it GameOver and put it in img/System (so overwriting the default one) it will be automatically called by the engine without you having to do anything else.

EDIT
    It is helpful, when you want assistance with a particular plugin, if you give a link to its webpage in your opening post so that if anyone needs to check something before giving advice they don't have to go hunting.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018