Yugo_Salkins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know where to start. I am currently using RPG maker and I could have sworn I have posted about this a thousand times, but I seem to keep losing the thread I've made in regards to this. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times anyway because I had done a search for this on and off for about a year or so and end up with the same results. Though I did manage to find a way around it, but because I am using scripts I am receiving script errors. Well, one in particular. There's a script error for Galv's region effects. As it is shown here it has something to do with the PadConfig. Right where is highlighted is what the error is showing me and so I don't know what sort of changes I need to make to get this script working again. Galv's Region effects is there for tile special effects on character movements like the splashing in water or the dust trail on the road. I would like to be able to keep these effects in the game if at all possible. Help in this would very much appreciate it.
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (78).png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might have posted about it a thousand times, but none of them have been here, unless you have more than one profile. OR it's waiting for moderation and you're not waiting for it to be approved.

You shouldn't have to make any changes to get a script to work.

Did you start a new game after adding this script, or are you continuing a game that was saved prior to adding the script?

Can you please post a link to the script (preferably a forum post or blog post, so we can see the author's additional comments and instructions) so we can see the whole thing?

Yugo_Salkins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Galv's Region Effects

Right here, I have read through the comments. Though I don't think I've seen any comment that refer to this problem. Also.. It apparently still shows the error with new game. It looks like character movement is triggering the error.

Last edited:

Yugo_Salkins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Video clip here of the error.

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you use to have Lone Wolf's Gamepad extender installed in you game?
The PadConfig.confirm is in reference to that script.
Code:
  def self.confirm
    WolfPad.plugged_in? ? :A : :C
  end
The original code for galv's region effects is
Code:
  def galv_region_check
    return if Input.trigger?(:C)
    v = rand(10) - rand(10)
    p = rand(40) - rand(40)

Yugo_Salkins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah yeah, that would explain it. It was when I was trying to make the GamePad Extender work. I forgot to change it back after getting rid of Lone Wolf's script entirely.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Red_1,png.PNG
I don't know when I'll have time to finish this, so I'll post this mostly complete version now. Another major character of my project, his name is Red (at least until I can think up a better R-name). In case he looks familiar, it's because his design (and personality) is based directly from my favorite anime character of all time (who is, unfortunately, fairly obscure).
Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lichest101