Holographicmatt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I have been trying to figure out how to change the luck stat so that every point is 1%. I cannot seem to figure out what I'm looking for and would like to know if maybe there is just a small script to modify the LUK stat.

Basically, if you have 10 luk, it means whatever is checking the LUK stat will activate 10% of the time.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As you know, by default luk affects the chance to inflict and receive states.
Do you want it multiply or add to the base chance?

So let's say an attack has a 30% chance of inflicting burn.

If you have 10 luck, should the new chance be
40% (+ 10%)
or
33% (* 110%)

Also, should the enemy luck still counteract your own luck?

Last edited:

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i use yanfly's base param control to change luck effect formula.
i know can just change it in rpg.js but thats way over my head

Elmo_Cosquillas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
mmm what about a formula?

lets say you make a formula that says

v[x] = math.random(100)+1 ; v[x2] = a.luk - b.luk ; v[x] < v[x2] ? b.addstate(A) : v[x] = 0 ; attack damage or 0

what the formula does is: get a random number between 0 and 99, then add 1 and save that number in a variable, then gets the users luck and substract the targets luck, and save it into a variable.

then it compares if the difference between the the user and the target is greater than the random number between 1 and 100, if its true, then add the state A (you place here your state number) to the enemy, if not resets the variable used to get the random number to 0, then at last is the damage formula.

you can check for buffs and a ton of other conditionals but i just say you this as your last alternative, the formula space in a skill is incredibly powerful to make weird things.

that works for both mv and mz. i think there are mods to sort your formulas so you dont need to suffer to much with them.

note: v[x] =0 is just a void result, since idk how to do just 1 result.

the problem, that is only for skills, its complicated, right now i use luck for critical rate (adding a crit buff of +1000% in the attacker that ends in the same turn) in the basic attack and other skills that can crit, i can even make fixed critical rates with that and secured crits, and works pretty good in that way, but you have to make an edit for that, if you are looking to make the luck stat an actual thing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
creeperQ7