Changing Normal Attack

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by Kloqdq, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kloqdq

Kloqdq Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello again,

Another question which I've had no success finding an answer too. This question involves having weapons change the normal attack. What I mean is instead of the weapon using a normal attack when the character selects the Attack option in battle too;

the Character performs a spell that scales with magic, and deals magic damage when the Character selects the Attack option in battle.

Like a character has a Tome, or Text equipped and instead of dealing physical damage, they will deal magic damage.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Acnolowgia

Acnolowgia Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Afraid I don't have an answer to your question, but it's something I'd like to implement in my game too- basically have an option for my wizard character to equip a wand that the normal attack damage is calculated based on the foe's Magic Defense instead of regular Defense. I thought about creating a "Magic" element, specifically for this usage or for null-element spells, but looking further into it, I don't see that working- at least with my admittedly limited knowledge. Is there a plugin out there that could do this? If so I'm afraid I wasn't able to recognize it from the brief descriptions on the master list.  Anyone have tips for the two of us?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Acnolowgia , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Additionally, this post is in the VX forum (and VX is older than Ace/VXA) and you're using MV...

In both cases the solution requires a script or Plugin anyway, but for its age I'm closing this - ask again in the request forums if you want such a script (they should already exist)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.