Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As title says.

One of the things I'm currently trying to do is rearrange the parameter order in my UI. I have replaced "Luck" with "Dexterity" and the OCD in me wants it to be listed before "Agility". Normally I don't need to ask this question- I should just rename the two (AGI and DEX) in the order that I want them to be in, but I am using some plugins that references the main parameters (particularly AGI) and there is no way to change that because 1) it's not something the plugin allows me to modify, and 2) said plugins are encrypted. I'm sure that rearranging the parameters is the easiest solution for this.

There was this post from way back then that I tried to use, but ultimately I cannot make it work. I assume that this is because I am using YEP (Particularly Status Core), so I must do something different for it instead. I'm not in a rush for an answer, but I give thanks in advance for the assistance.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Aloe Guvner has a YEP extension for changing the display order of parameters:

Notice how the post you linked to goes italic part way through? That's because there's an [i] in their code that the forum interprets as "start italics". I think it should be this:
JavaScript:
Window_Status.prototype.drawParameters = function(x, y) {
  // parameters to show in order
  var myParamOrder = [2, 4, 6, 3, 5, 7]

var lineHeight = this.lineHeight();
  for (var i = 0; i < myParamOrder.length; i++) {
    var paramId = myParamOrder[i];
    var y2 = y + lineHeight * i;
    this.changeTextColor(this.systemColor());
    this.drawText(TextManager.param(paramId), x, y2, 160);
    this.resetTextColor();
    this.drawText(this._actor.param(paramId), x + 160, y2, 60, 'right');
  }
};
However, YEP Status Menu Core rearranges things: this will, at best, replace Yanfly's layout rather than simply re-order the params.

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aloe Guvner has a YEP extension for changing the display order of parameters:

Thanks. It's exactly what I need!

Mr_Von_Grimmsy

Old-School Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril Sorry to butt in on this user's thread, but seeing as their inquiry has (seemingly) been solved and that mine is of a similar nature, I thought I'd ask it here instead of opening a new thread - apologies in advance if I'm out of line in doing so, but here goes:

How hard would it be to go about displaying custom parameters through ALOE's extension..?

I'm thinking in regard to QParams' custom parameters, specifically; JAH_StatusMenuCore is the only plugin I've gotten to display them in any manner thus far and seeing as it is no longer supported by the author, I'd like to find an alternative if possible.

ALOE's plugin would honestly be an ideal substitute, if it could be tweaked/configured to play well with QParams...

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Mr_Von_Grimmsy - you're not in trouble or anything, but for future reference: this thread's title is "Changing Parameter Order in YEP", but your query is more like "Displaying Custom QParams on the Status Screen". Those are different questions, with different answers, so typically you should start a new thread. (Particularly since, like you say, this one's been solved. :kaoswt:)

You haven't mentioned what the problem is with the JAH Status Menu plugin (link)...?

Aloe Guvner's YEP extension plugin (link) has no param evals and only uses the core script interface, so I'm pretty sure it'd need a LOT of edits to support custom QParams (link).

I did a quick search and found this plugin, maybe it'll help?
If it doesn't work for you as-is, see if you can find any patches posted in that thread. Otherwise, feel free to start a new thread. :kaohi:

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingKaiUltraron