Changing Resolution and Parallax Issue

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Aesir Cross, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Aesir Cross

Aesir Cross Warper Member

First Language:
    English
     Hi fellow RPG makers! I've ran into an issue and I am hoping someone can help! I started out making my game using regular tileset maps, using a resolution of 1280x720. However, I am now pursuing parallax mapping as I like its depth.

When I start my game up there are black borders around my game, (tried F4 etc.). At first I thought it might just be a regular black border, however its tied to the parallax map. When I created my maps in GIMP using the correct dimensions (height x 48, and width x48) and import it into my game, it stretches beyond my maps and into the borders where my characters can't go, and it messes with the tiling of the map. 

However if I set my resolution back down to the default, it displays properly and everything is good.. Is there anything I could do to fix this issue? I have my game based around 1280x720.. 

To test, I created a map using just tilesets and used a parallax as a background (even though there was no transparent tiles on my map) and it displays the parallax around my screen.. I have no idea why that is? Can anyone help? Ill try and post some screenshots shortly. 

2. Aesir Cross

First Language:
    English
     Examples:

In Editor:

[​IMG]

In Game:

[​IMG]

3. Mako

Mako Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Try creating the ground layer of your parallax all black, see how much screen that takes up and adjust as needed worked for me. 

4. nightwalker

nightwalker Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Your maps needs to have the same pixel size/proportion that the resolution you're using. Try a 26x15 map and set resolution to 1248x720.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  5. Aesir Cross

First Language:
    English
    Oh ok, for the example above seemed to fix that.. However is there a way to figure out what pixel size/proportion to my resolution? Sorry i'm kinda new to parallax mapping and this is stumping me.. This is whats happening:

At Default Resolution: Works like a charm, no repeating parallax

[​IMG]

1280x720 resolution: starts repeating the image, notice the outside border areas is where it starts repeating the parallax

[​IMG]

I appreciate your responses and help :) When creating my maps I calculate the size of the map by 48, with the new resolution is there another formula I should be using instead?

6. Wijen

Wijen Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesian
    sir did you fix this already ?

i have the same problem