CyphynGaming

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so, I THINK I am posting this in the right category, there are so many of them lol

Here is what I am trying to do - I am sure I will need a plug-in for it, but as my scripting skills are not on par of crafting my own plugins yet, I have turned to the community for help.

Within my game, I have a class called The Binder.  This is the healer class, he heals by binding elemental attunements to his allies, causing them to heal, instead of hurt.  These Bindings are single target ONLY.  This is how I want them.

I am also using Yanfly's Augments/Socketing plug-in.  With it, I want to make augments that can change the way skills work.

One such change would be to change the Binder's Bind spells to group, so long as the socket is equipped.  Take it off and they go back to Single target.

I thought, at first, well, I'll just run a common event to have the Binder forget all single targets and learn different AoE versions, but this is no good because this wouldn't be level specific, it wouldn't change just want he has learned and then what he will learn, it would be: forget what he knows, then learn the AoE versions of all the spells he will know, too.

This also doesn't work, because there is nothing to switch it back, should I take it off

Also, common events do not run on Equip

So, all in all, to sum it up.  I want to be able to change the Scope of specific skills if a socket (Or even just an item) is equipped.

I have no idea what the script would look like but I have it in my head that a Note-Tag on an item would look something like this

<Change Scope: All Enemies>

Skill ID: a

Skill ID: b

Skill ID: c

etc...

</Change Scope>

^^^If that helps anyone understand what I am getting at?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Program and utility discussions is for discussing non-RM-programs that might help in development

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If someone is willing to do this for you, then a plugin is definitely the best way to go, but as it's not a trivial thing to make (especially if Yanfly's Augments work different than standard Equip behavior), I figured I'd point you toward a way you could probably hack it without a specialized script.

You could use @Tsukihime's Equip Common Events script, and have conditional checks (standard option in the Conditional Branches) in the event to determine whether the actor knows a given skill (so it will say "if Binder knows Fire Attunement Solo, remove it and learn Fire Attunement Party" or vice versa).  This should allow you to event the behavior you desire, unless there's something weird in the way the Augments plugin is set up that prevents it from working.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've written a plugin that will implement scope changing rules.

You can get it here: http://himeworks.com/2016/04/scope-change-rules/

I don't know how you would check whether a certain equip has a certain augment, but you would simply tag the skill or item with the appropriate scope changing rule and go from there.

For example, assuming the default scope is 1-enemy, you can add a scope change rule to switch it to target all enemies with a note-tag like

Code:
<scope change rule: all-enemy>
  FORMULA HERE
</scope change rule>

Last edited by a moderator:

CyphynGaming

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, thanks for the great responses, guys.  Tsukihime,  I have used some of your Plug-ins and Scripts from AceVX - Always impressed.

I am seeing how I could apply your Scope Changing Rules to my item.  I could use Yanfly's Passive States and have the Socket apply a passive state when equipped.  This state would be the "Cast All" state mentioned in your video.

Then, I would put:

<scope change rule: all-allies>
a.isStateAffected(x)
</scope change rule>

In all the Bind spells that I want to change to Group.

This would then make it so all existing Bind spells are now Group and any new bind spells that I learn are automatically turned to group, as long as this socket is equipped?

I hope I am understanding this, seems far more simple than I thought it would be and if I find it easy, it's probably wrong lmao

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally adding subtitles. My demo release is really close! :kaojoy:

1653799949837.png

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tamin21