Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone!

I just bought MV during the sale this week end and tried some eventing. However, it turns out I had been spoiled by RPGMaker Extender in VXACE, especially by the ease of calling variables during script calls: \V[] instead of $gameVariables[]. I searched for something similar for MV but found nothing... So, I decided to write my very own plugin for this, aiming to provide an easier to use syntax during script calls.

And I succeded! So instead of using:

$gameVariables.setValue(id,value), I can now use: SV(id,value).

Because $gameVariables.setValue(6, $gameVariables.value(5)+$gameVariables.value(4)) is ridiculously long for something so simple... SV(6, RV(5)+RV(4)) is much more appealing to me.

I did this by modifying event command 355 (which is script call) and defining a new function inside.

I did the same for a bunch of functions, approx 50 now and I already am finding it a huge help.

You will find attached to this message the plugin I wrote, and the word help file (it contains a reference of every function I created, the syntax, and any comments I thought of).

Or find the plugin here: 

http://pastebin.com/ZngETvEy v0.1

http://pastebin.com/K37wAqhT  v0.2

What I need help with is:

- Is my code adequate? So far, it works, but I learned a tiny bit of  javascript litteraly yesterday, so maybe I'm missing something obvious that will kill me down the line should I decide to expand upon it. (All functions created are the same, they just call the regular expression, so look at the first couple, don't bother reading all 50 of them.)

- Do I risk anything doing this? I don't know the intricacies of MV functionment, maybe it will bug out somewhere...

- I'm guessing no compatibilites issues will arise unless another script modifies the script call command. Am i right?

- Right now, am I replacing or adding features to the call script event comment? If I'm replacing, how would I make it so that I only add my funcctions, not replace the command?

I plan to release it on the forum if everything is good, on the chance someone else would use it, and before that, I want to be sure I don't risk blowing up everyone's projects.

Bonus questions: I needed a way to access the value at [index] from a game variable that I defined as an array, i found no way to do that both in editor and with script command.

I ended up creating a function based on gameVariables.value. It's at the end of the plugin. Same for setting a value.

-First: Are my functions well written? Do you see something glaringly obvious that any experimented programmer will scream at?

-Second: Was there an easy solution all along and I didn't need to create two functions? setValue(6[0],3) didn't work..., V[6] was set to 3, not V[6][0]. value(6[0]) didn't work either.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: 02/06/2016, for version 0.2

Last edited by a moderator:

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone!

I've expanded upon my little plugin and added a bunch of commands (20), from showing animation, returning actor params or monster params to returning notes (Notetagging in event making? Soon! Well as soon as i can wrap my head around regex anyway...).

I even created the function to jump to label via script call! Credits to Tsukihime for the RPGMaker VX ACE version that inspired me to do so!

This is both very simple and very powerful. I used it to create equivalents of functions in my event making and found it sorely missing while trying to in MV.

Hope someone else likes this. I probably won't make it a standalone plugin, but you're free to edit it from my plugin and to make it a standalone if you want to!

Find the new version on pastebinhttp://pastebin.com/K37wAqhT

I will also try to edit the first post with the new link, and change the attachements if I can.

After extensive testing I found no way to make my functions bug out (well except for messing up with the inputs but that's obvious). So, I guess it's safe to use after all, I'd still like a formal reply from someone with more experience so if you're up to the task, leave me a comment :)

If you want to help and reference a script call I have missed feel free to do so! I'm for now focusing on the script call master list I found on these forums but I'm open to suggestions!

I'm probably gonna add some more and release the plugin once i reach a satisfying amount of functions.

Also, if I broke a rule about double posting I'm very sorry. I checked and didn't find anything.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bongdaso