Changing "Stimulate" item to be an auto-revive for a single player game?

MrPielovin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am making a single player game and am making a more realistic game so no magic.

So I was wanting to know if there was a way to make an item or replace the Stimulate item to be an auto revive instead of a simple revive comrade?

I am brand new to rpg maker but am learning pretty fast.

This is my first post and I am happy to become part of the community! 

Thanks! 

MinusGix

MinusGix
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Do you want it to revive the whole team?

If so all you have to do is:

Find the item in database-> Items

find scope on the items page

change "one ally (dead)" to "all allys (dead)"

---

Or if you want it to be called something else or look different

Find the item in database-> Items 

you should see its name on the top change that (if you want to)

or/and you can double click on the picture of it and change that with the default ones or one of your own.

----

If you mean something else please tell so me/others can help you with this.

And the stimulate item isnt exactly magic.

(could be medicine for all we know :p )

please describe more of what you want/need for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPielovin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry I should be more descriptive. 

By no magic I meant I don't want a spell like "auto-life" from final fantasy.

By single player I meant it only has one playable character at a time.

I was wanting to change the stimulate to an item that automatically revives your character if you have have used it (in or before combat) or maybe even if you just have one in your inventory when you die. 

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically you want something like the Final Fantasy Tactics' Perfumes, as long as it is equiped if you die it is consumed and you are brought back?

MrPielovin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Something like that would work great.

But I would prefer it to be a consumable, and buyable item instead of a piece of equipment if that's possible! 

MinusGix

MinusGix
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sorry I should be more descriptive. 

By no magic I meant I don't want a spell like "auto-life" from final fantasy.

By single player I meant it only has one playable character at a time.

I was wanting to change the stimulate to an item that automatically revives your character if you have have used it (in or before combat) or maybe even if you just have one in your inventory when you die. 

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 
I am not too great with stuff like that. 

Though I have a basic idea of how it should work.

make a item for it

make a common event that automatically checks if you have 0 HP and then if it does check if you have that item.

if so it will remove 1 of the item then change players health back to something like whatever number you wanted.

----

I will try to make a example of that, but im still a noob I just can figure out how stuff works.

You will probably have to look at a tutorial on making common events check for health.

TheTrueCyprien

Multipurpose Dude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
To create such an item you have to work with battle events:

-First of all you'll need to set up a State which can't get removed and gives resistance to death and a common event with the trigger set to none, which turns a switch on.

-Now set up the Item itself: It has to trigger your common event and inflict the invincibility state. You can do that in the effect panel. Set up the rest as you wish.

-Last thing you need to do is setting up the actual battle event in the troop tab. I guess a screenshot isn't much help as I have the german version but to give you an impression of how it should look like, here it is:

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/5v0in9.png[/IMG]

So the conditions of this event are that Eric has 0% or less hp and the set up switch is turned on. The Due to the invincibility state he won't die so the battle isn't lost. The switch is there to check if it is actually the Item that makes him invincible and not something else.
The first command is the recover all command, to heal Eric. You can also use change hp if you don't want full hp.
The script call after that shows animation 42 on actor 1. As there is no visible feedback on actors by default, this will do nothing unless you have a script that does animations on actors. (like Yanfly battle engine or any actor battler script)
After that the event removes the invincibility state and eventually turns the switch off again.

Note that you have to copy this event to every single troop you use in the game.
EDIT: Remove the switch and just put the battle event inside a conditional branch, which checks if the state is applied. (don't know why I didn't come up with that in the first place) Also I forgot to mention that the span should be round. (It is in fact battle in the screenshot...)

MrPielovin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright thanks guys I am away from my laptop for a bit unexpectedly I will see if I can get it working when I make it back in a day or two! THANKS SO MUCH. 

Ashton

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried this system, and it works... except for one little hitch...

There has to be another member of the party still alive or else the battle ends without the event kicking in... Is there a way to fix this?

TheTrueCyprien

Multipurpose Dude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
There has to be another member of the party still alive or else the battle ends without the event kicking in...
-First of all you'll need to set up a State which can't get removed and gives resistance to death
That's why the state is there. The battle doesn't end if your actor can't die...

Ashton

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's why the state is there. The battle doesn't end if your actor can't die...
I think I understand what I missed, I'm supposed to give the Immortal status at battle start then take it away after the process runs.

(on a side note I also think I found an easier method that works without adding code to every troop encounter, but it involves scripting)

Will test and report back!

TheTrueCyprien

Multipurpose Dude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think I understand what I missed, I'm supposed to give the Immortal status at battle start then take it away after the process runs.

(on a side note I also think I found an easier method that works without adding code to every troop encounter, but it involves scripting)

Will test and report back!
You use a skill/item to apply an immortal state and remove it in the actual battle event.

I'm not that into scripting, yet, so I just tried it with events. This is a really basic method, easy to understand for beginners.

The downside is that you have to copy it for every troop and every actor that can get revived this way... Also it looks kinda stupid with animated battlers as they don't reset their struggling pose (at least the script I'm using) and don't visually die beforehand...

Ashton

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You use a skill/item to apply an immortal state and remove it in the actual battle event.

I'm not that into scripting, yet, so I just tried it with events. This is a really basic method, easy to understand for beginners.

The downside is that you have to copy it for every troop and every actor that can get revived this way... Also it looks kinda stupid with animated battlers as they don't reset their struggling pose (at least the script I'm using) and don't visually die beforehand...
Well in my case, I want it to be a permanent, passive, skill for the main protagonist (and it only works once per battle - die again and you stay dead unless another actor uses a revive spell/item on you --- I got that part to work fine so far) None of the other characters get this ability either, if you swap out the main character (or he's taken away for plot reasons, ala ChronoTrigger) your back to normal death=death mechanics.

For the basic battle engine without actor animations it works great (not tested it with animated battlers yet - still trying to work out what system to use since the one I currently have is annoying me and my 2nd choice is unavailable due to exceeding their bandwidth) But perhaps there's a way to code the common event to play the actor-death-animation, THEN run the 'revive' routine?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlawlsrjs3387