Porcelain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It looks like the default text outline in RMMV is a darkish gray, but I'd rather have it be closer to black. I can't find where the color is defined in the default scripts, though, and Yanfly's Core Engine or Message Core doesn't let you change it, as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
That could be acomplished easily with the text decoration plugin that comes along with the program... You must play with the R,B,G and alpha (transparency of the outline)

Porcelain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. The only problem is that the plugin gives no terms of use, so I'm not sure if it's okay for what I want to do.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
rpg_core.js line 422

this.outlineColor = 'rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)';

Porcelain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks. Editing those lines in rpg_core.js actually won't work if you're using Yanfly's Message Core, but all you need to do is edit a nearly identical line in that script.

GGklin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks. Editing those lines in rpg_core.js actually won't work if you're using Yanfly's Message Core, but all you need to do is edit a nearly identical line in that script.
Yup, if you are using Yanfly's Message Core, just change the outline code line without having to change the original MV plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikestale