Changing the default color for custom fonts

Sethmon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am new to... everything. RPG Maker VX Ace is the first time I have attempted making my own game.
I am making it for my girlfriend who is obsessed with pandas. I got a custom panda themed font and after days of trial and error finally managed to replace the default font with my custom one. It would be great except it looks awful in white and was designed to be black text on a white background so I began searching again and have given up and had to sign up here to ask what exactly can I do?
I have tried \C[15] and Font.default_out_color = Color.new(0,0,0) in the Main part of script and I actually got that to change the title screen to black which was great but everything else is still white. I know I could edit every single text I type out as \C[15] but I would rather save some time and change the default color for all text in the entire game to black. I'll do anything! I'll spend days completely remaking my custom font, I'll edit individual scripts throughout the entire script editor. I just need to know what to do, what to type, and where to type it. I am absolutely terrible with scripts! Can anyone help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You posted in VX support, and VX and VX Ace are two different programs...

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Script Editor -> Window_Base

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Text Colors #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def normal_color; Color.new(25,125,255); end; # Normal # <<< Change it to your color. (...)WARNING! It will completely change white color - that means all text, numbers, things in menu etc. will be changed. If you want to change one thing (only message box) then this needs to be done in kinda different way.

The other option could be changing the color palette in 'Window' file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sethmon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You posted in VX support, and VX and VX Ace are two different programs...
Sorry about that. I should have known that.

Script Editor -> Window_Base

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# * Get Text Colors

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

def normal_color; Color.new(25,125,255); end; # Normal # <<< Change it to your color.

(...)

WARNING! It will completely change white color - that means all text, numbers, things in menu etc. will be changed. If you want to change one thing (only message box) then this needs to be done in kinda different way.

The other option could be changing the color palette in 'Window' file.

Oh my God! I cannot thank you enough! This is exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much! :D

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Glad could help! =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomtomsan17