Changing the default color for custom fonts

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Sethmon, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Sethmon

Sethmon Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I am new to... everything. RPG Maker VX Ace is the first time I have attempted making my own game.
    I am making it for my girlfriend who is obsessed with pandas. I got a custom panda themed font and after days of trial and error finally managed to replace the default font with my custom one. It would be great except it looks awful in white and was designed to be black text on a white background so I began searching again and have given up and had to sign up here to ask what exactly can I do?
    I have tried \C[15] and Font.default_out_color = Color.new(0,0,0) in the Main part of script and I actually got that to change the title screen to black which was great but everything else is still white. I know I could edit every single text I type out as \C[15] but I would rather save some time and change the default color for all text in the entire game to black. I'll do anything! I'll spend days completely remaking my custom font, I'll edit individual scripts throughout the entire script editor. I just need to know what to do, what to type, and where to type it. I am absolutely terrible with scripts! Can anyone help me?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You posted in VX support, and VX and VX Ace are two different programs...

3. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Script Editor -> Window_Base

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Text Colors #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def normal_color; Color.new(25,125,255); end; # Normal # <<< Change it to your color. (...)WARNING! It will completely change white color - that means all text, numbers, things in menu etc. will be changed. If you want to change one thing (only message box) then this needs to be done in kinda different way.

The other option could be changing the color palette in 'Window' file.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    Sethmon likes this.
  4. Sethmon

Sethmon Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry about that. I should have known that.

Oh my God! I cannot thank you enough! This is exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much! :D

Rikifive likes this.
  5. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Glad could help! =]