hypershadic11

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to change the font for my game, for only a SINGLE line of text to wingdings. Can I get a script or some advice on how to do this?
The main script of the game keeps the text at a default "Arial" font, and changing that would change the entire game's font, so I want a line of script to insert into an event to change the font style to WingDings, make the event say a line of text, then change it back to Arial style.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can try to put a script call
Code:
Font.default_name = "FontName"
before show text. Then put back to arial after that

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can try to put a script call
Code:
Font.default_name = "FontName"
before show text. Then put back to arial after that
I can verify that this works for some fonts, but I am not sure if Wingdings is recognized by RMVXAce.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can verify that this works for some fonts, but I am not sure if Wingdings is recognized by RMVXAce.
Same, I'm not sure if Wingdings would be usable in VXAce. But hey, the idea is to temporarily change the font anyway. Not how to make a certain font usable I guess

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

hypershadic11

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Same, I'm not sure if Wingdings would be usable in VXAce. But hey, the idea is to temporarily change the font anyway. Not how to make a certain font usable I guess
Actually I've already tried a similar script, it just restarts the entire game with ALL the text being in wingdings. Title and buttons included /:
It even has a weird effect where the room you were in previously is now elapsed under the first room when you click new game... Got some... Weird effects to it /:

hypershadic11

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nvm... It actually worked this time? Thanks lol
Although, the font doesn't change until you open some sort of menu, so since it's a battle, I just force a save.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohobie