Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, using http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/02/yep-54-row-formation/
How would I go about changing the row of a character in the row 2, or back row into 1, or front row, after all front row characters are dead? And back again if any of them are revived.
The idea being, that the front row characters protect those behind them, so you need to have them down to target those in the back row.
To make it so the front row can even catch "all character" affecting skills, I've set them to target the "front row only" with http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/22/yep-94-selection-control/ at the moment.
If the character's didn't visualle change places, but only the row they are designated to be in, that would be perfect too.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Row Formations actually has a function for bringing the rows forward:

Code:
$gameParty.updateRows();
$gameTroop.updateRows();

You could probably just pair this with his Base Troop Events plugin to handle moving rows forward. Moving them back on revival is outwith my knowledge, unfortunately.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Row Formations actually has a function for bringing the rows forward:

Code:
$gameParty.updateRows();
$gameTroop.updateRows();

You could probably just pair this with his Base Troop Events plugin to handle moving rows forward. Moving them back on revival is outwith my knowledge, unfortunately.
Yeah, unfortunately I have very very little scripting knowledge, so I have no idea how to reverse that on character revival either.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, trying to apply $gameParty.updateRows(); and $gameTroop.updateRows(); I have ran into a new issue.
Once my front row dies, enemy attacks can target the back row character's now, this is great. However, the row state attached to the back row is never removed from the character, I even set it to expire every turn.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you calling the updateRows() functions? Are they getting the states for their new row?

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you calling the updateRows() functions? Are they getting the states for their new row?
OHwrot8.png

The front row state isn't being applyed to the actors changing rows. Now that I tested the front row targeting abilities of enemies weren't contacting anymore either, I propably forgot to save some edit.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try setting the conditions to "Turn End" only with span being "Turn". This works fine for me. I copied your set up and it doesn't update the turns until after the players command inputting is completed - states are updated at this point for me though.

I think I have an idea of how I might implement a plugin for moving your actors back on revival as well, once you've got this function working I might ask you some further questions and see what I can do. My scripting isn't the best so it would probably take me a while and I might not even manage but it doesn't seem like anyone else is going to give this a bash for you.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try setting the conditions to "Turn End" only with span being "Turn". This works fine for me. I copied your set up and it doesn't update the turns until after the players command inputting is completed - states are updated at this point for me though.
States still fail to update for me.
I fixed the front row attacks back into working as they should though.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm thinking that there might be something wrong with your plugin setup or your plugin list, can you provide images for both?

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your plugins are in the wrong order. Place all of your Yanfly plugins in the order found here.

Once you have Yanfly's Row Formations working properly, I have a finished plugin that will move battlers back if another is revived. I'll stress that I can't provide you any support for it if Yanfly's Row Formations doesn't work as it builds on this entirely. Once it's working though, if there's anything that needs changing let me know and I'll update it for you. You can download it here. Place it below Yanfly's Row Formations.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your plugins are in the wrong order. Place all of your Yanfly plugins in the order found here.
Thanks! I fixed my load order, but the states still aren't working... :kaoeh:
I tried out disabling all the non-yanfly plugins too, but it had no effect.

Last edited:

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try disabling everything except Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, Row Formations and Target Core (these should be the only plugins you need for your setup) then see if the issue persists. If it does you might consider doing the same with a completely new project, though I imagine the outcome will be the same.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try disabling everything except Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, Row Formations and Target Core (these should be the only plugins you need for your setup) then see if the issue persists. If it does you might consider doing the same with a completely new project, though I imagine the outcome will be the same.
This is likely an unrelated problem, as I didn't have the time to do anything else than stat a new project. but nor for some reason I can't test any project without it being stuck in a black screen or getting some "height" error. Sigh.
Found many mentions that updating rmmv could cause this, but as far as I know, no update launched in the last 24 hours.

Nevermind, I'll make a seperate thread for that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you might consider doing the same with a completely new project, though I imagine the outcome will be the same.
So, now that my rpgmaker is working again, I decided to try this with a fresh project straight away, and even still, the states did not update.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see any reason that it's not working. Are you using battle test or a normal game test?

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think those are plugin commands. Try it under Script instead.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think those are plugin commands. Try it under Script instead.
I'm the most massivest idiot.
Yes, they aren't plugin commands, I've mixed them already too many times before.
Case closed.

Once you have Yanfly's Row Formations working properly, I have a finished plugin that will move battlers back if another is revived. I'll stress that I can't provide you any support for it if Yanfly's Row Formations doesn't work as it builds on this entirely. Once it's working though, if there's anything that needs changing let me know and I'll update it for you. You can download it here. Place it below Yanfly's Row Formations.
Thank you for this! Seems to be working just as I hoped!

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;
I've been trying very hard to distance myself from my inspirations, but maybe It would be better just to accept it.
3uL5XnP.gif
For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...
If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urmom