Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been looking at the default script Game_Follower to see if it was obvious where the speed of gathering was defined, because I want them to be gathered at a slightly slower speed than default. However, there isn't anything that a scripting idiot like me can home in on, as line #43 just refers to real_move_speed

I have a snippet from @Trihan which adjusts real_move_speed to reduce the speed of dash,
Code:
Game_CharacterBase.class_eval do
  def real_move_speed
    @move_speed + (dash? ? 0.8 : 0)
  end
end
and I'm wondering if there might be something similar for gathering followers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
AFAIK, follower move speed inherits from the player movement speed. So, if you change the player movement speed temporarily, it should also change the follower move speed temporarily.

I don't use followers so I'm not sure how accurate is that.

Reactions: Kes

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
def real_move_speed
    @move_speed + (dash? ? 0.8 : (self.is_a?(Game_Follower) && $game_player.followers.gathering?) ? YOUR MOD VALUE HERE : 0)
  end

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen Thank you for the suggestion. I thought of doing that, but then I would have to be able to determine if the player is walking or dashing each and every time so as to be able to put the speed back to the player's preference after, which would get a bit tricky, and probably tiresome as well.

@Trihan That does it. They no longer look utterly manic. Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm always here for you, Kes. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:
I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
I don't like hard boiled eggs...
it's weird to eat something that crunchy outside soft inside. And after chewing it for a while it started to spill red sauces that taste like iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holaaa