Brellelasouls

Geister
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, so I know a version of this question has been posted before but mine is different than those posts. I searched for the answer before making this post. I hope I put it in the right discussion.

So I want to have a Magicka Bar and a Stamina Bar. Both act the same way basically. I want some characters like your assassin's, rogue, archer, etc to use the Stamina bar and not have an MP bar. Your mages, healers and such I want to use the MP bar only. Now I've already set it so the TP doesn't regen at all and I set it so that the TP bar matches their max MP but here is my question.

Is there a way to make it so the MP bar doesn't appear whatsoever on classes that I don't want to use it? And instead, the SP bar will be in its place.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
u can just turn off the TP bar and use only MP. just give it a different name it could work for both. like AP ability points.
TP bar is easy to turn off u can do it in system tab of database. but to turn MP bar off requires a plugin

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP_Skill Core plugin does this. However, if you are using Olivia's Octobattle plugin, they wont and will require a side plugin I had commissioned a little while ago and could point you to where you can buy it.

ave36

Legend of Terra Firma
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You only need TP if you want specifically TP mechanics such as Limit Break-style filling from damage. If you want your bar to behave like MP, just use MP. Rename it; for example, I gave my MP bar a neutral name of "Energy", or "Erg".

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think he is wanting two things.

1) Rename them. In that case looks like everyone answered.

2) Show ONLY "mp" for mages and "stamina/TP" for assassin's. In that case, you'll need YEP Skill Core plugin to remove (and change slot# so it doesn't look weird) for each class.

Brellelasouls

Geister
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you everyone who answered, I have a lot of options to consider on how to go about this! I appreciate everyone's help.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not to be all self-promote-y, but if you want different names for MP on a per-character or class basis, I made a plugin to do just that: (AES_CustomMP.js)

aobotPK.png

The link to my plugin repo is in my signature. Hope that helps. :D

If you have any questions about setting it up for your characters' needs, feel free to ask.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've never felt prouder of my little game!! *o*
DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurpleClouds