Changing The TP Bar To Act Like The MP Bar

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Brellelasouls, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Brellelasouls

Brellelasouls Geister Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, so I know a version of this question has been posted before but mine is different than those posts. I searched for the answer before making this post. I hope I put it in the right discussion.

So I want to have a Magicka Bar and a Stamina Bar. Both act the same way basically. I want some characters like your assassin's, rogue, archer, etc to use the Stamina bar and not have an MP bar. Your mages, healers and such I want to use the MP bar only. Now I've already set it so the TP doesn't regen at all and I set it so that the TP bar matches their max MP but here is my question.

Is there a way to make it so the MP bar doesn't appear whatsoever on classes that I don't want to use it? And instead, the SP bar will be in its place.

2. Tiamat-86

Tiamat-86 old jrpg gamer Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    u can just turn off the TP bar and use only MP. just give it a different name it could work for both. like AP ability points.
    TP bar is easy to turn off u can do it in system tab of database. but to turn MP bar off requires a plugin

Brellelasouls likes this.
  3. Switz

Switz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    YEP_Skill Core plugin does this. However, if you are using Olivia's Octobattle plugin, they wont and will require a side plugin I had commissioned a little while ago and could point you to where you can buy it.

4. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You only need TP if you want specifically TP mechanics such as Limit Break-style filling from damage. If you want your bar to behave like MP, just use MP. Rename it; for example, I gave my MP bar a neutral name of "Energy", or "Erg".

5. Switz

Switz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think he is wanting two things.

1) Rename them. In that case looks like everyone answered.

2) Show ONLY "mp" for mages and "stamina/TP" for assassin's. In that case, you'll need YEP Skill Core plugin to remove (and change slot# so it doesn't look weird) for each class.

6. Brellelasouls

Brellelasouls Geister Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you everyone who answered, I have a lot of options to consider on how to go about this! I appreciate everyone's help.

7. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not to be all self-promote-y, but if you want different names for MP on a per-character or class basis, I made a plugin to do just that: (AES_CustomMP.js)

[​IMG]

The link to my plugin repo is in my signature. Hope that helps. :D

If you have any questions about setting it up for your characters' needs, feel free to ask.