Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Hi Guys,

So,when I was making my game,this idea passed in my head.Can we change the game title's font in VXA ?

Any help will be welcome.

Thank You.

sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum !

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game title as in the one in the actual game window? IDK any easy way to do that as the actual code that sets the name of the rgss player window isn't visible... it might even be inside the rgss player code and not on the project code

Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Umm...I think I didn't catch what you said...I meant the game title's font in the title screen.When you start a playtest.

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just change the font in the script. Add this to Main, ABOVE "rgss_main { SceneManager.run }"...

Code:
Font.default_name = ["<font name>"]
EDIT: Nevermind, that will change the whole font of your game, unless that's what you what, which it's probably not...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahh... Then that's quite easier... 

Go to Scene_Title, find the draw_game_title method which looks like this:

def draw_game_title    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.size = 48    rect = Rect.new(0, 0, Graphics.width, Graphics.height / 2)    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.draw_text(rect, $data_system.game_title, 1)  endthen add this before the draw_text line part

@foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.name = "YOUR_FONT_NAME"That is if you only want to change the font for the title and not anywhere else... Else, use the suggestion above

Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I also wanted to change my game's font :) i think you're a mind reader Solo ! Putting \fn[x] in the message box is killing me! Anyways,Thank you all.

Exp Devourer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well the way I did it was to open a blank project in Paint, draw what I wanted. Downloaded some plugins with the fonts I wanted, and used the Text tool in Paint to write the name of the title on it. Then in the RPG Maker, I'm using VX Ace by the way, so it may be different if your using another, but in there I went into the Database under the System tab and     un-selected the  Draw Game Title and viola!

P.S. I'm a terrible scripter so I tend to find ways to avoid it as much as possible. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeselerfinnole