Changing Wait/Idle animation for item use in battle

Rrrrryan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there! I am utilizing SV actors for the game I am working on. By default, whenever using an item in battle, the "wait" animation that plays before performing the turn and using the item is set to the the sprite_actor.motion "wait". I attempted to browse through the JS files in hopes of spotting where this is setup, but had no luck. I am ultimately trying to change the waiting animation for item use to the "chant" motion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Archeia's reference:
OB0rLBf.png

You may be able to get what you need by just editing the frames for the section in question, yes? Remove the one you don't want, and replace with the one you do? I believe it is only calling reference to that set of frames, so this should work.

Of course, that would change your "Idle" for everything...

There are plugins that allow you to reference certain poses for different things, as well, such as the Victor Engine - Battle Motions, which may do what you need?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:
Just a little teaser screenshot of Mountain Village...

Screenshot (364).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NARFNra