Changing Wait/Idle animation for item use in battle

Rrrrryan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there! I am utilizing SV actors for the game I am working on. By default, whenever using an item in battle, the "wait" animation that plays before performing the turn and using the item is set to the the sprite_actor.motion "wait". I attempted to browse through the JS files in hopes of spotting where this is setup, but had no luck. I am ultimately trying to change the waiting animation for item use to the "chant" motion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Archeia's reference:
OB0rLBf.png

You may be able to get what you need by just editing the frames for the section in question, yes? Remove the one you don't want, and replace with the one you do? I believe it is only calling reference to that set of frames, so this should work.

Of course, that would change your "Idle" for everything...

There are plugins that allow you to reference certain poses for different things, as well, such as the Victor Engine - Battle Motions, which may do what you need?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingxjosh01