Changing Windowskin from Start

Dr_Bonehead

Voice Actor
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm experimenting with some plugins to change windowskins throughout the game, but my question is simply if it's possible to change your windowskin from the very beginning of the game? Otherwise, the "start screen" still looks different from the windowskin that I would like it to be by using script calls and such later.

If this is a plugin question, then I apologize! I figured this would be more of a general question.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can edit the standard window skin file in the system folder. would that solve the issue?

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think so, without a plugin. But here's what you can do:

The first Window skin you use for the title screen. When go to a new game, you can change the window skin in the first event.
So the window skins will be different.

You can use the WindowChange.js that comes with the Rpg Maker Mv in the folder "DLC/Kadokawa plugins"(steam version), Something like that.

OR

you can copy and paste that into a text file and save with the extension ".js" and put it like a plugin in your project.

Window_TitleCommand.prototype.loadWindowskin = function() {
this.windowskin = ImageManager.loadSystem('name of the file');
};

Then you put another file for window skin inside the folder img/system.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, you're right. i misunderstood the question. i didn't catch that the intro window skin had to be dynamic.

great solution btw!

Dr_Bonehead

Voice Actor
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, I see! Thanks so much, both of you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannBecker