Chaotic's Character Sprite and Beast Race generator (CCsaberG)

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Long story short I got bored yesterday and then spent the past two days making this, I like the idea of open resources so I decided to share it with you all.http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh25w55p...q5/CCsaberG.psd For now you must have photoshop to use it, but I am working on making a GIMP version. Please, reply with any sprites you make and credit me if you use them in published projects (P.S: If you DO use these in any published works a free copy would be awesome.) 

For now the generator includes: 
a decent selection of male and female outfits 
unisex guard, cloak, bandit, and coat outfits
About a dozen or so hair options
Seven eye color options. 

And the following races: Vashins/black Vashins (Otters), Foxes, Huskies, Dogs, Roo's (Kangaroo looking things), Wolfs, Lizards, Bunnies, and Weasels. 
(Planned Races: Elves, Panthers, Raccoons, Some sort of bird thingy, Badgers, and Snakes) <- Let me know where I can get Resources for any of these.

For some of the resources I used check out LastDecca's sprites and (If you can find them) the character sprites for the sample game Beastiol. 

Please let me know what you think, and spread the word about CCsaberG (I want to start seeing these sprites in games. )

Download CCsaberG here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh25w55p...q5/CCsaberG.psd

Sample: CCsaberGSamples.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your link made the sample image unviewable so I removed it, I hope you don't mind.

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Chaotic, thanks for posting this. I have been looking for something to make anthromporic characters, this will be very helpful.

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Chaotic, thanks for posting this. I have been looking for something to make anthromporic characters, this will be very helpful.
Glad you like it! I look forward to see how you and others manage to utilize this!

Dragon5

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking forward to the GIMP version, even though I'm only using generators to make character references. 

DoG B1aze

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
how long till the gimp version is up just wondering

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol, I was wondering the same thing. I tried to find some converters but it has all failed...

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Lol, I was wondering the same thing. I tried to find some converters but it has all failed...

how long till the gimp version is up just wondering

Looking forward to the GIMP version, even though I'm only using generators to make character references. 

If I am right the file should work on gimp now, it is still a PSD file but it should open in gimp just fine so long as you don't do anything else with it post download. It worked for me, let me know how it goes for you. 

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, Chaotic :) I wonder if you happen to have any horn parts I could use to make fauns/satyrs? Like here.

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, Chaotic :) I wonder if you happen to have any horn parts I could use to make fauns/satyrs? Like here.
It would require some custom spriting but I'll see what I can do. (Unfortunately it will be a little while because I usually do this kind of thing on the weekend and I am spending this weekend away from my computer.) 

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No hurry. Anything you make would be much appreciated :)

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I will try again. When I downloaded it yesterday, and opened in gimp, it contained what looked like instructions, but the bottom left corner was just a colored box. (A shade of green, I think...) 

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will try again. When I downloaded it yesterday, and opened in gimp, it contained what looked like instructions, but the bottom left corner was just a colored box. (A shade of green, I think...) 
Thats normal, you can turn it off for transparency if you want but that was intended. 

SkittleServal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you still happen to be working on a Gimp version? I'd very much like to use this!

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you still happen to be working on a Gimp version? I'd very much like to use this!
Like I said, the photoshop version converts to gimp just fine. Just open it like any other file. Trust me, my photoshop trial ran out and I have to use it on gimp myself now. 

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On that note, I am still looking for any sprite sheets I can use as bases for further races. I am not a great spriter so I need something to work off of. If you are a good spriter or you know of any resources I can use let me know. 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
TheChaotic, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

TheChaotic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
TheChaotic, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.
Sorry, thanks for the reminder though. I've never been on a forum before to be honest. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Avery's Advent Calendar Day event has put me in a jolly mood, so I dug through my folders finished up some old generator pieces. Check my Fantasy Generator Expansion -Dwarfs! To see what I dropped.
Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narwhalkyrie