Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm looking for a chapter selection system that allows me to simply select individual chapters of the game and then teleport to a specific map. Each individual chapter should be an image. You can hover from chapter to chapter using left/right keys and start a chapter using enter or space. It would be best if the individual chapters were tied to a switch, so that the chapters are locked when the switch is not ON. In this case, a small icon (for example, a lock) should be displayed in the image, which shows the player that this capter isn't yet unlocked.

It should be possible to enter the save menu with Escape while the scene is active. Can someone help me with this? I haven't found anything like this that would've fit my game so far. :LZSjoy:

Unbenannt.png

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is one chapter selection script.
Meow Face Chapter Selection
I don't know if it will work for what you want, but maybe you could modify it to your needs.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks. I know the script from MeowFace and have already tested it. However, this script isn't what I'm looking for.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What about this script I've recently made?
It's called KChapters ACE. It won't let you transfer the player anywhere right now but that's on purpose. I prefer to let you test everything except for the teleporting so I can fix any bugs you could find there.

You might wanna know that my script lets you predefine some chapters and later on add more in game!

Obviously it's not a plug & play script for it will ask you to set several CONSTANTS. Still, I've already run it a couple of times with its "default" settings. So feel free go ahead and check it out.

Last edited:

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I tried your script, of course. It's a nice thing to start with. However, I encountered some difficulties in using it. For instance, I found it unhandy that the texts used in the script are set via .txt file and cannot be adjusted in the script itself. As I work a lot with constants, this is a bit unpractical for me.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I won't change it. I prefer TXT files because it makes it a lot easier to maintain than letting people configure it in the module.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dragonfly3116 wrote on Redweaver's profile.
i need to ask do you mind sending me a link to tutorial town an legend of ancients Please My new Email is necroboy1973@gmail.com
I Am A Member On The Site Here As Well If Your Still teaching Let Me Know Thanks Joseph
Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sorkehfdk