Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but here goes.

I want to set a tile so that when *my* character(a) touches it, it triggers the appearance of another character(b) with a bit of animation.

It would run a bit like this:

• CharacterA touches a spot on the map
  • CharcterB's tile shows an animation
  • CharacterB appears while animation disappears
  • Character B says dialogue
  • Character B disappears
  • Character B's animation shows up again and disappears
  •  

The animation would be something like flames, sparkles, etc. Maybe the tile lighting up beneath them. If any of you have ever watched Xena or Hercules it would be similar to anytime any of the gods/goddesses appear. Here's an example.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay that makes a lot more sense than what I was trying. Thank you. 

Second part of this is that I don't want it to be my main character. I guess it would be more like a cut scene? I'm not sure. Basically this character would show up, say something (not to the main character, but just in general) and then disappear. 

Again, thank you so much for your help! 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I figured it out, but I'm not sure if there might be an easier way or not. 

Page 1 - Blank

Page 2 (Autorun):

*Control Self Switch: #0003 Ares Entrance = off

*Show Animation: Ares Entrance, Hit Fire (Wait)

*Set Movement Route: Ares Entrance (Wait)

**Turn toward Player

**Image: (Ares Sprite)

*Wait: 25 frames

*Text: (his dialogue)

*Show Animation: Ares Entrance, Hit Fire (Wait)

*Set Movement Route: Ares Entrance (Wait)

**Turn towards Player

**Transparent ON

*Control Self Switch: #003 Ares Entrance = on

Page 3

Conditions

[Checked] Switch: 003 Ares Entrance

Contents

Exit Event Processing

Thank you so much for your help. You totally got me started on the right track :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg
It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mal3ficc