Character Art

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by cosmickitty, Sep 15, 2013.

1. cosmickitty

cosmickitty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I haven't done any character art in awhile and I want to get a little practice in while I can.  I don't have time to make a full game's worth of characters for someone and I'm not sure how well my characters will mix with RM standard so I'd suggest keeping it to main character only.  I do mostly digital, and chibi characters although I've misplaced all my chibi examples except this one little guy who kinda needs a shading makeover, if you're wanting something unique besides them you can ask, but no promises on whether or not I'll do it.

Examples (some are a little old):

Digital

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chibi

[​IMG]

Rules for Requests:
    • I will only take 1-2 requests at a time
    • I mostly likely won't go down the line taking requests, character art is pretty involved so I'll most likely take characters I find interesting first
    • You may only request one character period
    • I have the right to reject any request
    • Be patient - it may take several weeks to finish your work, character art is time consuming and I only have so much free time
    • My work can be used in noncommercial work only, I retain all rights to any work I do here and can and might release anything made here as a free resource under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
    • Credit Please, a link to my website would be nice... but not required
    • I do not draw anime characters, I probably also won't match the RM style
    Request Form:

• Character Description
    • Character Style
    • Reference Images
    • Any specific size requirments
    • Any Additional Info
    Current Requests:

•  Shalaren - DONE
    [​IMG]
    • OPEN

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  2. Shalaren

Shalaren Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    • Character Description

Catherine Gladstone - A character with a main role in my game. She is an Arcanist, a magic user who mostly practices the element of fire. 

She ran away from home and joined an infamous order to seek power, She is a stealthy, serious fighter who will do almost anything to get what she needs, but unlike her band members, she seems to care for her surroundings and care for the innocent. It is almost obvious that Catherine carries a dark secret with her, of something great she deeply regrets.

• Character Style

You're the artist :) , whichever style you want.

• Reference Images

[​IMG]

The sprites is all I got S:

• Any specific size requirments

Any Additional Info
    Credits will be provided of course :)

as I said you're the artist. I'm just looking for a visual I can use to draw some people in. Make it how you see fit. I am obviously looking for a medieval like themed character, who will look very interesting, kind of mysterious, Maybe have a pose like here - http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/189/c/2/elenuial_by_mateslaurentiu-d3ldu6v.jpg . or something else like here http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/267/c/9/eyr_dyion_by_yamao-d4asimm.jpg ... its all up to you.

Definitely should have the appearance of having an attitude of "I mean business".

Hope this request interests and meets your needs :)

3. cosmickitty

First Language:
    English
    Had more free time today than I thought :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Shalaren

Shalaren Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is beautiful!

Ill be honest I wasn't excpectibg it to be as good as what you have just presented before me :)

I think you are very talented and I would definetly recommend your work to others :) , I would have requested another one for sure if I could! well done.

Ill be sure to add a link to your website :D .

5. Faerypixel25

Faerypixel25 Where's Charles Lee!? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Holy awesomness! THIS. IS. AMAZING!!!!! I am not requesting ANYTHING, but I would really like to compliment you on how well you can do this. Those pictures are so cool. And I love your art style!

6. Shalaren

Shalaren Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    so you said we can only ask for one character,

if you accepts payments how much would you charge for another character drawing? I really like what you did, with only sprites to describe the appearance.

7. Caedmon

Caedmon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your art is wonderful!  Would you be willing to do colorings of current sketches?  I have a bunch of images that I cannot color for the life of me.  I will show one for my request.

Witch.png

I would also take a new drawing if you don't do recolors :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  8. Soma

Soma Princess' Guard Veteran

First Language:
    Chopnese
    • Character Description
    Soma Osfeldt - The main protagonist. He's lazy, abrasive, and sarcastic, but a respected captain of an entire platoon of knights. He doesn't care much for monetary gains from his missions, only for suitable opponents that can match his skill with a blade. His latest assignment involves him being a bodyguard to the princess of his country, which in turn will lead him to discover many things about himself, and the world.

• Character Style
    I'd prefer Digital, but I'll leave it up to you~ :)

• Reference Images
    (The smaller one more specifically since that one's newer, and the face is just in case you can't see the scar across his left eyebrow.)

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

• Any specific size requirements
    Again, I'll leave it up to you.

• Any Additional Info
    If possible, I'd like it if he could be drawn in a pose similar to Tidus here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zbqGXC_sMeo/UagmYYR5-9I/AAAAAAAAOB4/zFEEtU-gMMc/s1600/Final-Fantasy-X.jpg Although, I'd like it if his eyes were closed and he didn't have a smile; he's pretty serious. A sword and shield would be great too~  ;)   :rock-right:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  9. Zack

Zack Perverted King of Demons Veteran

Right behind you; breathing down your neck.
    First Language:
    English
    *Snip*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  10. cosmickitty

First Language:
    English
    oopsie it slipped my mind that I opened this... I'm pretty busy at least through the end of this month, but I'll pick back up one of the requests as soon as I can :)

Soma likes this.
  11. eddy_de_galdon

eddy_de_galdon galdonais Member

First Language:
    french
    I would love in digital this character :

[​IMG]

12. Zack

Zack Perverted King of Demons Veteran

Right behind you; breathing down your neck.
    First Language:
    English
    Umm.....Is this place still open?