Character Art

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Hyreal, May 20, 2016.

1. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry if I am not allowed to ask this here but it is related to my RPG maker MV game.

Just wondering if anyone knows someone who would be able to do some paid commission work to draw me 8 characters for my game to use as bust pictures in conversations and face portraits for the menu/battle screen.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    Juliastorybored likes this.
  2. terrorchan

terrorchan Literally a Gloop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'd recommend going to the classifieds section and looking there. There are quite a few people who have high quality art shops there. Alternatively, you can post a topic seeking for a certain style/price range here

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  3. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Commissions, as terrorchan mentioned, are handled in the Classifieds section of the forum. You would be able to either file a request or look through the offers available. There are many wonderful artists offering character art services. But, you may have noticed that the Classifieds section isn't visible to you. We implemented some changes and new members and members without 30+ posts won't see the section quite yet. 

If you'd like to read more about these changes, see here.

4. Pearsona

Pearsona Trash Goblin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As the other posters mentioned, you might be in the wrong place.

However, if you are going to post a request like this into the right forum, you might want to be more specific about what you want. Do you want something anime-styled? Something more realistic? Something silly and cartoon-like? You will need to specify, and probably show some examples of other games that have a style similar to what you want (for this, try to stay away from indie games, a big budget game won't mind if you try to copy their art style, but an indie developer might)

Also, make sure to specify your price range. Art can be very expensive, so putting a price range will only attract artists within your budget range so you don't have to turn down artists you otherwise could have gladly hired.

And one final, but very important thing; do you have reference pictures of your characters? A reference picture is essentially a drawing of what they look like, and if you want the artist to get the designs of your characters right, they will need one. It is possible to just use words to describe a character to an artist and they will design them, but this is more expensive! If you can't draw at all, and don't want to pay extra, try using one of those silly dollmaker games, they're meant for kids, but they can help you get the designs you want. (I've heard some pretty good things about dreamselfy)

Hope this helps!

5. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks all for the responses and sorry for the very late response. I have since found artists for what I was after :)  not sure how to close this thread or mark as solved..

6. rpgmakerxp

rpgmakerxp Veteran Veteran

I believe you click the arrow pointed up on the left of one of the posts in this thread to give that person the "best answer to your original question".  That would close the thread marking it as solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
  7. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Done! Thank you.