sosolourdes

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I’m very very very new to RPGmaker, I only just bought it yesterday, and none of the tutorials I’ve watched mention this happening so I’m just asking here.
I’m setting up the very first scene with the players starting position, and as said in the title, the character can turn in all directions but can’t walk anywhere. Could it be a problem with my sprite sheet or something? Because I used a custom sprite sheet but I followed what all tutorials said to do.

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you checked there is a least space for the actor to move around while using the move event command (not walls or objects) or when you move them.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it could be your map, can you show a screenshot?
Have you done anything with the tileset?

It's possible you accidentally spawned your guy inside a wall.

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There a possibility there is a non-passable event (non-map objects or priority same as the actor (same as character) it could be making them only turn.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A sprite sheet doesn't have any effect on your ability to do things in the game. It could look all screwy if you did it wrong, but that's it.

It's more likely that you are accidentally placing them on something like water/holes/walls on the map, instead of a ground tile. You should provide a screenshot of your map so we can actually see it and give advice.

Last edited:

yoluko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another possibility is that your on your tileset sheet, the terrain you have them standing on is set to impassable terrain (signified by an X). You can see your tilesets by going to the database and selecting tileset from the menu on the left.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And one more suggestion, if you don't have enough already - the top left B tile should always have a star as its passage setting.

If none of these help, please post a screenshot of your map so we can see where your player is, that includes the tileset palette, with the A tab selected.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not about my game project but i feels like to talk about it a bit. :kaohi:
moka.jpg

It's my コテキャ and maybe closest thing in english is a "avatar personality" i guess?
Her design also looks very similar to protagonist from my game because i'm so uninspiring :kaoslp:
Oh and my hobby is sleeping and drawing. :kaojoy:
Okay, so it seems I've found a major bug in VNM. Check my thread about variable buttons in the support forum for more info.
Man, this quick One Map game is causing unprecedented amounts of trouble.
I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komradiv