Josephkhland

Extremely Hardfork
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I actually have something like a pool , that the player can get in. When he is inside I want it to be seen like he is half inside and half outside the water + I want to cause animations work on the water when he moves.

How can I do this. Is there an option with the tiles , or is it something else? 

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I dont know about the animations, but I know theres a 'Bush' flag in the Database which might do something similar to waht you want.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I do this with the water autotile... I set it to walkable on the normal passability set-up, then on the bush set-up, I tag it as a bush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josephkhland

Extremely Hardfork
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seems to be working fine. Is there any script about the animation on the water or I have to create new character sprites with the animation on them and have the player change to that sprite when entering the water?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only ways to animate anything are either an event sprite or the A1 animated autotiles, and the tiles cannot be changed easily.

So a special sprite is the way to go, and you'll have to trigger the change of the playersprite when entering the water.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

if you want learn free cool stuff for game dev .
Your jumping works great, self. Now onward! Let's add to some of those dungeon tilesets that are looking a tad sparse.
Gotta vent a minute: "Move routes" have been unintuitive and clunky since the 90's and I absolutely cannot believe there is no built-in functionality to direct an event to an x, y coordinate. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my worksite this afternoon and it really got me thinking...how do the Amish keep up with national news?
trying to wrap up the boat/ship/castaway tilesets with a great galleon - no promises

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProDudeFilms