Event Character Creation Contest Feedback

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by mlogan, Apr 14, 2018.

1. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all! We decided that the contest entry topics should be limited to submissions only. While we loved seeing how excited and supportive everyone was being, our concern was that the actual entries would get lost amidst all the other chatter, thus making voting more difficult and less effective. But, we recognize that you guys want a chance to talk to each other about your entries, so this is it.

Please post links to your submission entry, as opposed to reposting the whole entry here. To link a specific post, click the post number and copy the link that will open.

number.png

You may post any "extras" you've made here, as well as any updates you've made to your entry.

You may (and are encouraged) to offer feedback on others' entries. (If you do not want feedback, including possible criticism, please do not post here.)

Please follow all forum rules and be civil.

2. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Rhino That character looks amazing! That is a good design. And i like how there are three death poses.

3. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love @Rhino's design as well! Strange, I feel some competition coming up... :kaopride:
    My design seems lame in comparison, time to amp up the game!!

Just kidding. Seriously though, Rosalio's design is amazing! Her colors worked so beautifully together! I would most definitely use her in a game! :kaojoy:

4. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    *no one brings up mine*
    *only receives likes but no feedback*
    *curls up into ball in the corner*

Everyone else's designs seem better than mine. Ah, well-I tried anyway.

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ummm, there are 2 posts in here, on the last entry. The most visible one. That's it. It is also why I encouraged members to link to their entry post here. That way it can get some discussion going.

Also, if I could, I would move the posts from the other topic that were hidden over here. But if I do that, it will put them ahead of the original post of this thread because of time stamps, which would be weird and confusing.

But yes, if you want feedback on your entry, link it here.

6. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Thomas Smith Thank you! I can't resist things that are creepy cute, haha! The dead poses are based of whtdragon's amazing behaviours. But man, I do not want to come across Kazimir as a final boss battle, dude is killer! :guffaw:

@JtheDuelist Chauchemar's definitely got an rpg villian vibe! I like that he's got a proper motivation for it though, I think it'd make an interesting story.

@Caitlin Tell me that Elisabeth's ears twitch when she's sensing. That would be adorable!

@TWings: Oooh, it's really nice to see a sci fi character! I was wondering what his name was about, I like that backstory.

@Starmage I love your custom art and expressions! We need more elves, what a cutie!

@D.L. Yomegami Those skills are really cool, I bet they'd make for a fun gameplay mechanic. It would give grinding a bit more meaning than just extra EXP!

@bgoldman07 Metal Alchemy, now that's one you don't hear so often! I bet there's a lot of cool things Drust could do with that, what a cool idea.

@Luckysince97 You've got a whole lotta areas in there! I would not have connected his design to being a robot, but I guess that's a credit to whoever made his skin x) It's a creative acronym with his name too, but I wonder what kind of genre story he'd fit best in...

@22pepperjack Did you really come out with all of that as you typed it up? It sounds like you've got a really developed lore here already, Zodia sounds like a really likeable heroine! ^^

@Hatake-hime Your images still don't appear to be working, which is a shame because I'd love to see the image you drew of her too :(

@Artille What a sad backstory. ;_; It would definitely make for an interesting lite novel though! But I hope, there might be a happy ending..?(!!)

@W.M.K I can so see this character as the mentor of the protagonist, but I think it'd also be really cool to see him star in his own story. I don't think I could name any other games that star an elderly person as the main character so it'd be an interesting choice, plus there could be some really cool scenes where you play as a flashback to the Genokinan Wars... *Hack* Someone stop me before I write a whole concept... :guffaw:

@ArielSystem How does one 'accidentally set the Warrion Base on fire with Lava Power'!? It sounds serious but also hilarious! The portrait you drew is really sleek, so I get the reasons for not wanting people to use that. Would be cool to see how it'd compare to an official bust if this character won. If only there were more slots. I can see why judging is going to be via community likes, it'd be way too hard for any single person to pick between them...

@miningteam2 Did you only post the SV battler? I think you need to add a walking and damage sprite to be accepted as an entry for the contest.

@Milennin Very cool to see a different stance on cat-girls as an actual breed. ('Pirin kitten' is such a cute name too, I wish they were real lol!) Well, maybe not Mei's Wild Blade-mode, that might put some people off adoption :guffaw:

@hiddenone I really had to debate whether to vote for this one. It's a really funny and creative idea, but I will feel a lil cheated if she wins and get's a portrait! Well, I decided to like it anyway... Good luck!

@The Mighty Palm This has to be one of my favourite designs. I genuinely wouldn't have noticed the merged rtp pieces if you hadn't mentioned them. I just like how the cloak looks and the little rose you made is adorable, (I wouldn't have connected it to repel vampires though.) But looks like there's competition for Thomas Smiths character afterall(!) I'd really like to see this one do well. ^^

@Jarrod The world has not been kind to your Jerakno :headshake: Although, I think you might want to double check the terms of the contest. It's not entirely clear, but I think the idea is that this contest is for characters that the whole community will be allowed to use, so you might not want to enter him here. But, good luck with your book/game!

@TheMutantSpaceDancer I just want to see this guy star in his own game tbh. It sounds really fun, especially the minigame xD

@Seacliff I think this is a really well balanced idea. It's nice to see a character who has obvious flaws, but is still likeable. Her personality sounds pretty relatable too, I'd like to get the chance to have a conversation with her, even as a passing npc. Good luck!

@Princess Bananabelle This idea is really cute. I wonder what she did to be cursed...

@Haydeos What a troubled history... but really neat! I think if I was playing as Pug I'd definitely want to befriend him and find out more about his arms too! Can understand why Jason'd want to keep his past a secret, it does kinda change how I'd view the character... But I think actually, I'd respect him more :D

@BishoujoHelper
    I don't know why but this made me lol. Perhaps a bit of an anti-hero you've got here, but some really cool ideas!

@SmashArt Are you kidding? Your design was awesome! You really didn't disappoint with that build up, it's got such a nice style and the SV battler is so expressive. He's so nice, I hope you get the motivation to finish some more of them cuz it's definitely worth the effort!:kaoluv: And thank you, colours are something I struggle with so I'm glad to hear you think they worked out!

@AxelNinjaGamer I like the little hair edit, it adds a lot to Lola's personality. Dimension hopping... I think the limits are really endless with that idea! It'd be cool to see how that story develops, and all the amazing worlds to visit as she goes.

@rue669 A photographer that hates superficial things...interesting! I would like to see how his photos turn out haha. You've got the story, so that's half the battle with trying to develop it into a game. Good luck with that endeavour, you just have to persist and believe in your dream!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  7. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Maker of Goof 'ems. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino I do actually have plans for Bean Boy to get his own game after I'm done with the game that he is a party member in, Scringus gets the Groceries.

starlight dream and Rhino like this.
  8. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino C'mon, you know Clare's bust would be awesome if she wins! Just some grinning teeth (and sparkles) along with her outfit, how could anyone not like that? :guffaw: I don't actually expect to win, but the idea was too funny to not share with everyone. I love how you did Rosalia's horns, they're so cool!

starlight dream, Rhino and TWings like this.
  9. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @The Mighty Palm I'm a big fan of your character's design, the color scheme looks lovely. Her backstory makes it a biot interesting that she now carries things around that could kill her too.

@BishoujoHelper basing a character off one that you've used for D&D seems like a cool idea! I love me some half-orc fighters!

@SmashArt that art is incredible! However, a kid who sells himself as a slave to pay for medicine seems like quite a lapse in logic on his part. IMHO, it should have been some kind of 10 year working contract, or something.

@Rhino I love her character design!! Definitely make a SV battler of her! Does she live among humans or with her fellow demons?

SmashArtist likes this.
  10. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Rhino I hadnt seen your character until just now and it is very lovely! A very standout profile and the colors are also pleasing. Its ironic that she is a succubus/monster because that means our characters would probably start as enemies (and then eventually overcome predjudice to become friends). 10/10 my favorite thusfar.

@TheMutantSpaceDancer Being a big fan of Paper Mario/M&L and other "weird games" I cant help but like this character. So different and quirky.

@SmashArt I already told you I liked yours but I gotta say it again because making something from complete scratch of that quality is bomb diggity. Good show.

11. AxelNinjaGamer

AxelNinjaGamer Random Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @W.M.K You just don't see very many protagonists in their golden years....or at least I don't. Quite refreshing.

@hiddenone IT'S THE INVISIBLE MAN!!....does anyone remember that book? In all seriousness, it's pretty clever.

@Princess Bananabelle Really original idea and a fun one at that.

@Haydeos Everything comes together and works really well. Good job with the story.

@Rhino I can't believe I never though of anything like Rosalia before, really cool. That art work is pretty Baller too.

12. Hatake-hime

Hatake-hime Squishy Cat Summoner Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Rhino apologies! fixing that now! I did see the messages earlier but I havent been on the pc for a bit due to bluh steroids and stuff this weekend
    will probably just upload it to a public link and hopefully people can see them as a bulk thing?

13. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Haydeos Thanks for the feedback! :3 I will definitely take your idea into consideration, though I'd have to rethink the whole thing about his parents.

@The Mighty Palm Thank you! It really boosts my motivation to make some more later on hearing your comments!

14. 22pepperjack

22pepperjack Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Rhino I did honestly come up with like 99% of that on the spot, Zodia is a character that I've had in the story I'm working on for a while, but her back story and personality has always been rather muddy and unclear. this gave me a chance to finally define who she was. the only thing I knew going into writing her story was "big bad guys own the world, Zodia and Maro are rebel children, and Zodia has ancient god soul that bad guys want." everything else - abilities, personality, schooling, sub-race name, government name/goals, etc. - was created as I wrote her bio. I'm super proud of how it turned out!

15. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey Guys, don’t forget about us in the Ace corner!

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/original-character-contest-vx-ace-entries.93897/

@Caitlin I can see a lot of cool scenarios with a backstory like that and the revaluation that her species is almost extinct ;_;

@Thomas Smith I can feel his hunger for power! Someone get him a power sandwich! All joking aside we have a serious antagonist here.

@Starmage This is the second Elf detective i’ve ever seen and yours is by far the cooler one! I kind of see him as a comic relief character that is actually much more serious than he appears to be.

@D.L. Yomegami Okay, I love this concept as I like how detailed her backstory is. I really get a feel for who she is and who she can become just from what you’ve posted!

@SmashArt That bust is amazing! Definitely interesting and sets him up to be very selfless. I already want to hear what types of puns he comes up with.

16. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Vincent Chu Very nice character! Five stars ★★★★★

starlight dream and SmashArtist like this.
  17. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks.

Nightblade50 likes this.
  18. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino :kaoluv: Oh my God! That does sound really cute. I hadn't thought of that. Absolutely that has to be an added feature: Ears twitch when she senses.
    @NeoFantasy I just loved coming up with the backstory of the character, because it does give a lot to work with from being the last one or saving your wolf kin. It could just go anyway, you give a person a tool, they can do a million and one things with those tools. Of course, I think the competition is fierce, because there are a lot of good characters. =^_^= I am honoured to be around such creative people! (_ _)

Rhino and NeoFantasy like this.
  19. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Rhino and @NeoFantasy - Thanks so much for the feedback on my char, you guys! ^_^ Hehe, I'm glad you liked him :) Yeah, I'm also imagining him to be in some kind of detective RPG where he'll seem like a comic relief, but is more serious that you can imagine xD :)

Btw, Rhino, I love love the artwork you did for your Succubus/Rose Demon char!! ^_^ :)

Well, It's already clear that I loved every bit of MV char submissions! So I'm gonna give some love to the VXAce entries then! XD :)

@NeoFantasy - I have already said this before, but I'm gonna say it again!! I love her psychic skills and her overall concepts! ^_^ :) She would fit so well in a future fantasy game!! XD ^_^

@Alkemical - I really love his story, and I couldn't help but think that it may end up a tragedy. x( :(

@EagleFG - That is a very interesting mage character! XD I love the idea of her being a "different" mage stuck into our world accidentally. xD

@Elise727 - I love her boyish concept! xD It is very interesting to see a mix class of a mage and a blacksmith. :)

@Vis_Mage - Sweet sprite!! XD I also love his skills! :) An ideal naturalist and animal activist I must say xDD :)

Elise727, Rhino, Nightblade50 and 2 others like this.
  20. TWings

TWings The Dragon Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So here's my Captain Kuma Don't hesitate to give him some love. He may appear intimidating, but he's a nice guy. ;)

@Thomas Smith : That's one scarry ruthless guy you got here !

@JtheDuelist : I like the design. Poor guy... Bad luck and choices made him a bad guy in the end but I guess with a name like that it was fated.

@Caitlin : A wolf shcoolgirl ! That's some uncommon character.

@Starmage : Elve and detective is an interesting concept. First time I've heard of something like that. :)

@D.L. Yomegami : She's really nice. Love the story !

@Luckysince97 : This guy has a terrible fashsion sense ! Funny story ;)

@Hatake-hime : She's so cute !

@hiddenone : It made me laugh so much !

@The Mighty Palm : She looks nice. Tough story though.

@Seacliff : A tengu ! We don't see those very often. Love the design too.

@Princess Bananabelle : Very cute story.

@Haydeos : That's one sad story.

@SmashArt : Amazing job. That must have taken a lot of time.

@AxelNinjaGamer : She looks good. the story is a bit crazy ! lol

@Rhino : Thanks, I had a bit of fun mixing pure sci fi and some weird stuff like space bears. lol
    Rosalia looks nice too for a demon. ;)

@Vincent Chu : "Albino human/undead forest dragon", seriously ? That's some very unlikely stuff. lol

@NeoFantasy : Very sad story. Let's hope she'll find some positive things to live for.

@Vis_Mage : A nature friendly character, nicely refereshing.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018