chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I want to make a game for my schizofrenic brother. and I would like to add a feature to the game. I have no idea how to program in ruby, never done it before. I do know basic and Qbasic.

I think it would be nice to add a character creation at the beginning of the game. To allow the player to select a character and/or class. I don't expect someone to show me a fully customizable creation script. but just something that allows the player to change classes and gender, and something I've added to the game called faction.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do this with basic eventing - don't need to script.

Just use a series of Show Choices commands to allow selection of character and class, and use the Change Actor Graphic and Change Actor Class commands to set those things based on the choices made. Only use one actor.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
thank you so much.

immatx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You are probably going to have to use a switch or variable to determine if the male or female character was chosen so that you can have accurate face graphics.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew_smith