Kowoskii

Homeless Guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Now I haven't actually touched RPG Maker itself yet, but I'm going to try out the trial version to see if I want to use this to make my RPG.
Is there a way to implement a custom character creator? My characters are made up of shapes and I want to make sure players can select their shape and color for the character itself. Even if that means making every possible character a sprite ready to be brought up. (There are 12 shapes to choose from and 35 colors)

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please mention which RPG Maker you are using, they are all mostly the same, but its still important to know which one do you use mainly for formats, plugins, scripts or others things.

(Speaking about RMMV) Yes, you can. You'll have to use events and switches/variables to do so. If you really aren't familiar with the RPG Maker software then it might be hard to explain. But you can switch your characters sprites by using the charsets (sprites) and events that the player can interact.

You should probably get used a bit to the software, although, its just a suggestion. If you want further help, let us know.

Kowoskii

Homeless Guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry I'll be more specific next time.
Also I haven't used RPG Maker in years so I'll probably just have to watch tutorials and play around to figure it out.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I've seen an example in the past where someone had a game start off and ask if they wanted to be male or female, and what ever they chose, was the character they started with, and I believe they just made those characters as actors, and the one you chose is the one that got selected. It's been a while, like maybe when I first came here since I saw that, and pretty sure you could just make a bunch of actors and use maybe SRD's show picture choices that kind of slides through a list of colored choices you want. SRD's show picture choices MIGHT be limited, if you're a little savvy with coding or try asking in the relevant support forum for whichever maker you're using/intending on using you could ask in there how you would use lines of script/code to do whatever you're wanting. Basically, it's possible, but I don't know enough to be SUPER helpful, but I know you can achieve what you're going for. 100% certain it can be done.

Also, you could base stats or appearance off questions during an opening sequence, I'm kind of considering that, but for now I'm just trying to get some actual gameplay and core systems solidly built enough to go back and add little things like that in, if I even do it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension
Sherriff: This permit you're renewing expired two months ago, you haven't been concealing illegally have you?

Me, remembering the sheriff was at the range with me a couple weeks ago and unsure if he'd noted me draw from IWB: I plead the fifth.
Stardew Valley's ConcernedApe announced their new game with a teaser. Hyped. It gave me some ideas to think about for the games I'm going to make as well.
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamsesMont