Character doesn't load where I place them.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Mazer, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Mazer

Mazer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I built a location using paralaxing maps. I am using the Binding Picture plugin to bind the image onto the map. I am also using Yanfly's Restriction tiles to allow characters to move around.

The problem is the following: When I load the map, the starting point is a few spaces away from where their starting event is. After the Binding loads (about 1 second later), the character jumps to the starting point I wanted them to be at.

Where I place the character

[​IMG]

During startup (1) - character jumps to proper spot (2)

[​IMG]

My script (part one is for the bottom section, part 2 is for things the character walks under)

[​IMG]

Would anyone know what causes the jump exactly?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Either the size of your parallax does not fit the size of the map (how many pixels are your parallaxes and how many tiles is the mapsize?) or there is a load problem that delays the execution of the event.

In the first case you need to correct one or the others so that the numbers fit, in the other case I would suggest a fadeout before the commands and a fadin before the erase event to hide that jump, unless you can pinpoint exactly what resource creates the load problem.

3. Mazer

Mazer Villager Member

First Language:
    English

I appreciate the advice. I did some digging using your suggestions and discovered the BindPicture maker also had a plugin to fix the jump :D

Thanks so much!