Character Event Freezing In Stepping Animation

Sowhart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel like I'm probably just a bit of an idiot and imagine the solution to this is quite simple. So I've basically got an event going and during it a character changes image and moves a bit. When they stop they go into the stepping animation and stop like that whereas I'd like them to be just standing still instead:

Image link:

Was just wondering what I might be doing wrong and what I could do to fix this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the engine stores internally which of the three animation steps should be the "stop" frame. Usually that is the middle frame by default, but there are a few ways to overwrite that - that usually happens only on some specific cases of using a move route command to change the animation.

I know there is a specific script command that alllows you to set the default frame manually if that happens, or you could simply use a switch page to get to a new sprite.
If you can't use a new page in your scene, then you'll either have to search for one of the topics giving that script command or wait for someone else to answer - I don't know the code needed myself, only what causes the problem.

Sowhart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the engine stores internally which of the three animation steps should be the "stop" frame. Usually that is the middle frame by default, but there are a few ways to overwrite that - that usually happens only on some specific cases of using a move route command to change the animation.

I know there is a specific script command that alllows you to set the default frame manually if that happens, or you could simply use a switch page to get to a new sprite.
If you can't use a new page in your scene, then you'll either have to search for one of the topics giving that script command or wait for someone else to answer - I don't know the code needed myself, only what causes the problem.
Surprised I didn't think of just switching to a different sprite during the event. That seemed to fix the problem completely. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasakureman