The_Cynic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
'Murrican
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a cutscene, this character is supposed to move to the left and then move up.
Instead, the character moves left and then... nothing. The game freezes, waiting for him to finish.
I posted a picture of the event that is controlling the scene. The event is part of the cage the player is behind. When the player activates the event, the scene begins. There is nothing in the way of the character, and even if there was the character event is check-marked "through." There is no explanation I can come up with that would make sense of this issue.
Please help, I am slowly losing all sense of sanity.

Attachments

• Glitchy 1.PNG
    Glitchy 1.PNG
    108.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Glitchy 2.PNG
    Glitchy 2.PNG
    175.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Glitchy 3.PNG
    Glitchy 3.PNG
    146 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The character looks like he moves left to me - if it's the shark thing you've got selected in the first image.

See if YOU can walk onto the tile below the cage, where he's supposed to move to. Could be that you've got an impassable, invisible tile there. Just hold down the control key to walk through the bars, then let go and see if you can walk on that area.

The_Cynic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
'Murrican
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Typo. I meant left.
Also, I did walk around there and nothing was in the way.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like there's an event in the top left corner. Just in case you haven't already checked it, is it a parallel or autorun that might be interfering?

The_Cynic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
'Murrican
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed it. I had another event running a parallel interrupting the scene.
Pardon my stupid.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!
Why parodies are always underrated on your opinion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbelluco