RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I've tried using GIMP to copy some of the colors off of the cat head bases onto the default heads, but GIMP keeps slightly changing the colors as I paste them for some reason and I can't figure out why. Also, I have zero clue how shading (what colors to use to make the art look less flat and where to put them) works.

EDIT: Also, figuring out how to give the head a cat-like shape is something entirely beyond my knowledge. If anyone can give a HIGHLY specific tutorial on that (as in, not just a suggestion like "look at pictures of cats/sprites of cats and try to do something similar", more like "here is a very specific outline of a character with a snout that looks like a cat, and here is the step-by-step method of the outline, the shading, etc. so that it doesn't look like a different animal"), I would be very appreciative.

EDIT 2: Here's what I've been trying to do with the sprite head (the preview image doesn't show the part I've been working on). As you can see, the snout looks more like a mouse than a cat on the completed side-view one.
I would add some cheek fluff to the sides of the face, and on the profile view, make the nose a pixel higher and flatter. The mouse/rat appearance is because it sticks out just a smidge too far. As far as ears go, I'd put them almost to the sides on front/rear view, and towards the back of the head on side view.

573Games

Punk Rawk Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know I'm late to the party, but thank you! I'm looking forward to trying these out today :)

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, I love your work. Very amazing.

I know this isn't a request thread, but have you ever considered doing hats? Various hat types for minis and hat brims for faces? You are very talented and there's an amazing lack of hats in this RPG Maker world, lol.

Keep up the amazing art.

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, I love your work. Very amazing.

I know this isn't a request thread, but have you ever considered doing hats? Various hat types for minis and hat brims for faces? You are very talented and there's an amazing lack of hats in this RPG Maker world, lol.

Keep up the amazing art.
Thank you so much! That's certainly something I will consider. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infectum