MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum, so please correct me if not

But I'm having an issue with RPG Maker MV's character generator. Whenever I try to adjust the skin tone of females... it doesn't change from the default skin tone. It only does this on the TV and TVD sprites, Face and SV sprites change fine.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program twice as well as making sure the files are all the correct names.

Attached is an example of what's going on.

If anyone can help me figure out what's going on, I'd appreciate that.

Attachments

• MV Problem.PNG
    MV Problem.PNG
    99.4 KB · Views: 7

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um... never mind, I found the issue.

Apparently, you can't have foreign files inside the generator folder.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "foreign" files? You can absolutely add new files to the generator, but they have to be named correctly, and in most cases, you'll have to change the name.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "foreign" files? You can absolutely add new files to the generator, but they have to be named correctly, and in most cases, you'll have to change the name.
Yeah, I did have all the files named right.

But I had duplicate files with like a (2) or (3) at the end, and apparently, they messed it up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Finally was able to record the rest of the game demo! I added some edits here and there, this is why it takes me so long to do stuff cuz I find a problem and have to fix it asap. x.x
Game: https://dj990j.itch.io/region-of-mythos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleezyretro