Character Generator Query

RJ Finch 88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English UK
Primarily Uses
Hello all! I am very new to this despite having VX Ace and a lot of resources for many years. I have recently come back to trying my hand with it...and stop being a chicken...

An issue I have with the Character Generator for VX Ace is its...kinda naff portraits for your character. From what little I have seen of the MV Character Generator is much better. Problem I have is that I am picky and prefer the look of VX Ace sprites to the chibi MV sprites, so I would prefer to stick with VX Ace.

However...could one use MV Character Generator portraits for VX Ace? I would happily buy the MV Character Generator tool and any add-ons to do this. Is this doable, gang?

Thank you for reading. :ehappy:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am guessing that if you are wondering about buying the MV generator tool then you don't have MV Also, it is not for sale separately.

There is, however, Game Character Hub available on Steam which does gives you MV style faces. Is that what you mean by portraits? Your problem there is that MV faces are formatted to a different size than Ace's. Ace is 96 x 96 pixels, whereas MV faces are, iirc, 144 x 144. It would be messy to resize them.

RJ Finch 88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English UK
Primarily Uses
I do not have MV, no. XD

I have VX Ace, but I do have the Game Character Hub! Upon opening it I've just gotten two update packages for it with MV stuff included. This is great! Apparently it can also use MV DLC packs? That is good to know. Would you say MV would be worth getting just for that then?

Yeah, the sizing might be an issue, but this still gives me something to toy around with. Any progress is better than the limbo I usually find myself in. Thank you for the heads up there. :)

RJ Finch 88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English UK
Primarily Uses
Great minds seem to think alike! I spotted the news about the sale and didn't even hesitate to buy it as well as a bunch of Character Generator packs. XD

Thanks for the advice, gang! I really appreciate it. Given me a great peace of mind and new avenues to experiment with for my project! :ehappy:

RJ Finch 88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English UK
Primarily Uses
Now I just need to remember how to import these add on files...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kt040