CHARACTER MACHINE v1.0 (DISCONTINUED)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Erangot, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Erangot

Erangot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    @nightmare

hmm.. you can always ask someone to help you out with the editing. or at least I may at the moment ^__^

sorry if it has to take you a lot to use it, i'll probably study the .png export for convenience -__-;;

Nightmare likes this.
  2. Nightmare

Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't think it would be okay to request help. I got like 20 faces with 10 expressions each I'm creating. So yeah.. I try zooming in and removing the pixels little by little.. xD

3. WeLiVeR

WeLiVeR Jack-of-all-Trades Member

First Language:
    English
    One question...?

Does it Have -Beards?-

4. Strawberrycat24

Strawberrycat24 Yummy Kitty Member

First Language:
    English
    I try downloading it ... but my computer claims it's a broken file and erases it.

this happens every time...>.> i'm using the mirror. is there something wrong here or is it just my connection?

5. Erangot

Erangot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    @WeLiVeR

waah i haven't had added them! ;~;

@Cat

Hmm, please try again! ;v; sorry! it might be your connection-i guess it works fine for most :')

6. TandaPanda

TandaPanda Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    wow, this is simply amazing! this is exactly the type of thing i was hopeing to find. im studding to become a game designer, and i already have the intire game out, and it is going to be an awesome rpg. i have a feeling that im going to be useing this program alot for it. if you would be so kind as to message me with any new updates on it, that would be great. and this is going straight on my DA page. i know alot of people who would really love this progame. you are to be commended for this acomplishment. there deffinitly needs to be more programs out there like this one. you should really think about turning this into a flash program on DA. it would probably spread like wildfire.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  7. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    My good lady, if you can add an Export to .PNG function to this, I shall gladly give you money for this program! (And I am fairly certain I won't be alone in this.)

Do keep us posted on updates, will you? :D

8. Strawberrycat24

First Language:
    English
    I agree with warpmind...also...I have an issue with how there is a limmited ability to edit.

I think I'll stick to generators in photoshop. at least in those I can move pieces of hair around to make it look more origional.

9. RachelTheSeeker

RachelTheSeeker Suddenly, a summer breeze... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow! So much as the screenshots of what one could make alone...! I'd be more than up to trying this out -- I'm sure what I could make with your program would be even better than what I've seen on the Character Generator of VXA.

...not that the Char. Generator is bad, per se... just wish the facial expressions were a bit less... odd-looking. Literally, there are only two mouths I'd want to use for both male AND female characters in VXA's generator...

10. Jet

Jet Flying in a sky near you Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't use this, and never shall use this, but I do recommend using an off-colored background behind the face, such as the light green used in many sprites since people have to manually obtain the faces, the fancy background seems like a hassle.

11. Emmych

Emmych forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal Veteran

First Language:
    Anglais~
    Lovely work, Erangot! This is a great addition to the resource forums, and I hope to see it getting a lot of usage! Have you considered making a .PSD of this so folks can get even more usage out of it? :3

...also, Jet, no need to be snarky. "I don't use this, and never shall use this" <-- like man this just isn't necessary, a'ight? It sounds a bit rude. OTL

12. crimcrim

crimcrim :d Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dude this is by far the most anime face generator I have ever seen. I love anime. I love this. I love you. Ty ;_;

13. Erangot

Erangot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    ANNOUNCEMENT!

Thank you, Emmych, for the suggestion! :'D

To those who are interested, I have made a .PSD Version of this facemaker for all those who wants to edit it using Photoshop. It has more possibilities now, such as having a transparent background like most of you wanted ; ) You can also fix the layer of the items the way you want them and there's no limit to how many items you want to put on your character. Plus, I also included in there a small color-editing tutorial for those who aren't familiar with the Hue/Saturation function in PS. It's also a lot lighter than the original CM, as it is only 3MB!

(I can't get mediafire to work because of our very slow internet.. so I'm not sure if you need to register for this one before you can download but, pheh) I hope this works well for everyone now! Whoo my head..!

Good luck to all you rpg makers! ♥

[​IMG]

Sample output

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    yieldingmydestiny and Elements like this.
  14. Elements

Elements 7th Stratum Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for all the trouble Erangot, this is a great asset!

15. TrogButtz

TrogButtz Hamster Hamster! ~~Dance! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You may have just won the internetz!

16. Erangot

Erangot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    @Elements

No prob! ;v; I hope we make good use of this! X3

@Trog

OHH YEAAHH!! \m/,

17. Strawberrycat24

First Language:
    English
    You get huuuuge cookies for this n_n I will totally be using this for future projects! Yay Photoshop generators!

Okay...yeeah...I keep trying to download and no matter how many times I try it keeps saying "you're downloading this file too fast try again in 55 seconds".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  18. kirinelf

kirinelf *Stare* Veteran

First Language:
    Hakka
  19. Erangot

Erangot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    thanks so much, kirinelf! You win so many internets and cookies from me! You're my life saver when mediafire is hating me down to my spine ;~;

20. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    .psd, huh? *Sigh* Still going to wait for a .png export, then. Don't have Photoshop (or similar software), don't know how to use it, so .psd is of no use to me. :/

Pretty sure I'm not the only one, either.