Kryptik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the clear answer, but I had already succeeded in exporting several characters. Later on, I realized that I had used some of the wrong components, and wanted to go back and change them. I can find all of the exported character sheets in the "Generated Characters" folder, but none of them show up in the Load interface in the character maker. The folder appears as blank. So I'm unable to load characters after exporting them, and therefore can't go back and change anything without starting over from scratch.

Ok I think I see the problem. You don't actually navigate INTO the folder. You select the folder then click open. If you double click the folder instead, then yes it will be blank. This is because the "Load" button is looking for a folder, not any particular file.

TheLecher

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I think I see the problem. You don't actually navigate INTO the folder. You select the folder then click open. If you double click the folder instead, then yes it will be blank. This is because the "Load" button is looking for a folder, not any particular file.

Thanks very much. That solved the problem. That's not at all intuitive, but I guess it makes sense. Now if I could just get the program to stop crashing every thirty minutes or so.

Also, has anyone else run into the problem of PVG's new character templates which he's been releasing on ******* not being compatible with the old character generator? Take a look at what happens when you try to use one of the new templates.
Snap3.jpg

I wish that the new character generator would be completed. I know that PVG already stated here in this thread that there has been a delay in getting the software completed, and he stated on ******* that the developer he was working with has had some problems, but he also said on ******* (some months back) that, if the developer wasn't able to resume work and get it completed within a reasonable period, that he would get another developer to complete the project. I wish that he would pull the trigger on that, as a newer, more flexible, and more stable character generator would really be a big help.

Kryptik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks very much. That solved the problem. That's not at all intuitive, but I guess it makes sense. Now if I could just get the program to stop crashing every thirty minutes or so.

Also, has anyone else run into the problem of PVG's new character templates which he's been releasing on ******* not being compatible with the old character generator? Take a look at what happens when you try to use one of the new templates.
View attachment 137640

I wish that the new character generator would be completed. I know that PVG already stated here in this thread that there has been a delay in getting the software completed, and he stated on ******* that the developer he was working with has had some problems, but he also said on ******* (some months back) that, if the developer wasn't able to resume work and get it completed within a reasonable period, that he would get another developer to complete the project. I wish that he would pull the trigger on that, as a newer, more flexible, and more stable character generator would really be a big help.

So essentially that character creator is only designed to work with assets arranged in a very specific way which PV doesn't use anymore. This is because with the new resources there are far more animations on the sheets. Technically if you wanted to manually lay the resources on you can still do that with Gimp or Photoshop, and in fact that I find is the simplest way to use the new resources, just pasting one on top of the other and they lay on perfectly. In this way the resources are compatible but there is of course more work involved. It's also worth mentioning that of all the new resources are compatible with each other, so you can use the female druid outfit with the base from the female mage and the hair from the female archer for instance.

The other character creator here, https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-of-items-apply-to-generator-version-0.59947/, could work but as you said it isn't complete.

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought all the dlc midevil and i cant get anything to load into the generator. Everything is invisible when the program doesnt crash. am i missing something? i also cant load any of the premade characters

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You would be best to check out the new software being developed. You can grab the latest version over on the PVGames discord.

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would be best to check out the new software being developed. You can grab the latest version over on the PVGames discord.
After messing around with it for several hours (im not tech savy i found the file names from the download dont match what the system looks for.)

i have gotten a few to work but the underdeep dlc is missing almost everything except the female drow folders and came with several error messages.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is that the old software from here? Because the new software is really much better :p

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that the old software from here? Because the new software is really much better :p
I downloaded the character maker from your site but the dlc from this rpg maker site. Your art is really cool

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah that is the old one. The person who made it left awhile back and there has been no support for it, so there are a bunch of ongoing bugs and issues. There is new software available currently on the PVGames Discord created by Martin.

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the new editor but I'm not able to configure it, there is a tutorial, and I also saw that Martin is creating a map generator with the dlc, how can I download it?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For any help on this stuff, it's best to just ask in the Discord channel - there are more people there who can chime in to help than here :)

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is download link broken?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a brand new one created by someone else that works a lot better. You can grab it over on our Discord

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the link?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shoot me a private message and I can send you the link since it's a discord link and will be automatically removed by the forums.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Medieval Interior, Town and Country, Underdeep, Warfare, Townsfolk 1, Dungeons and Plaguebringers. Which version of the Character Maker should I use? I've only ever used the one available in the opening post and that link doesn't work anymore. Had to run a complete system restore to fix some issues I was having with my desktop and I lost that program, which I've been using to make the party/player characters.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a new one being developed that is currently available on the PVGames Discord. You are more than welcome to scoop that up and give it a whirl! It does everything the old software did and more, and also better.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can I get a link to the discord? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today is a day of optimizations.
I can't decide if writing invoices is satisfying or annoying...
What has two thumbs and just put up the latest Jump into Javascript? *points at self* this guy!
Me: I just want to sit and work on my game all day everyday! Shiny code! Shiny graphics! Yay! :LZSexcite:
Other people: What if we give you money not to?
Me: :kaoswt:
//Long pause...

Me: You've won this day foul temptress! :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona666