Character Maker Software (Freeware)

Kryptik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the clear answer, but I had already succeeded in exporting several characters. Later on, I realized that I had used some of the wrong components, and wanted to go back and change them. I can find all of the exported character sheets in the "Generated Characters" folder, but none of them show up in the Load interface in the character maker. The folder appears as blank. So I'm unable to load characters after exporting them, and therefore can't go back and change anything without starting over from scratch.
Ok I think I see the problem. You don't actually navigate INTO the folder. You select the folder then click open. If you double click the folder instead, then yes it will be blank. This is because the "Load" button is looking for a folder, not any particular file.

TheLecher

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I think I see the problem. You don't actually navigate INTO the folder. You select the folder then click open. If you double click the folder instead, then yes it will be blank. This is because the "Load" button is looking for a folder, not any particular file.
Thanks very much. That solved the problem. That's not at all intuitive, but I guess it makes sense. Now if I could just get the program to stop crashing every thirty minutes or so.

Also, has anyone else run into the problem of PVG's new character templates which he's been releasing on ******* not being compatible with the old character generator? Take a look at what happens when you try to use one of the new templates.
Snap3.jpg

I wish that the new character generator would be completed. I know that PVG already stated here in this thread that there has been a delay in getting the software completed, and he stated on ******* that the developer he was working with has had some problems, but he also said on ******* (some months back) that, if the developer wasn't able to resume work and get it completed within a reasonable period, that he would get another developer to complete the project. I wish that he would pull the trigger on that, as a newer, more flexible, and more stable character generator would really be a big help.

Kryptik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks very much. That solved the problem. That's not at all intuitive, but I guess it makes sense. Now if I could just get the program to stop crashing every thirty minutes or so.

Also, has anyone else run into the problem of PVG's new character templates which he's been releasing on ******* not being compatible with the old character generator? Take a look at what happens when you try to use one of the new templates.
View attachment 137640

I wish that the new character generator would be completed. I know that PVG already stated here in this thread that there has been a delay in getting the software completed, and he stated on ******* that the developer he was working with has had some problems, but he also said on ******* (some months back) that, if the developer wasn't able to resume work and get it completed within a reasonable period, that he would get another developer to complete the project. I wish that he would pull the trigger on that, as a newer, more flexible, and more stable character generator would really be a big help.
So essentially that character creator is only designed to work with assets arranged in a very specific way which PV doesn't use anymore. This is because with the new resources there are far more animations on the sheets. Technically if you wanted to manually lay the resources on you can still do that with Gimp or Photoshop, and in fact that I find is the simplest way to use the new resources, just pasting one on top of the other and they lay on perfectly. In this way the resources are compatible but there is of course more work involved. It's also worth mentioning that of all the new resources are compatible with each other, so you can use the female druid outfit with the base from the female mage and the hair from the female archer for instance.

The other character creator here, https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/a-character-generator-for-pv-mv-woot-now-with-recoloring-of-items-apply-to-generator-version-0.59947/, could work but as you said it isn't complete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamAmimundo