Character Maker Software (Freeware)

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I PM'd you, let me know if you have any questions!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I updated the main post of the thread with updated information and removed the old broken links. Thank you!

Meerling

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The tools and tutorial page sends me to this thread, and I can't seem to find any links in this thread.
Can someone please clarify what I'm apparently missing, or provide the link please?

(If browser matters, I'm using Chrome)

Windows File System has a file path character limit of I believe 255 or 260 characters. This is a part of the OS, not the program, and will exist no matter what software you use. It may be necessary to change the configuration file to remove a subfolder in order to reduce the number of characters in the path.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could put the character generator in your base C:\ folder, instead of your Users folder, to remove some path content from the beginning.
Please don't put anything directly on the C:\
Windows has a limit of entries in any directory, but the root is much smaller than all the rest. If you go over a certain number, windows will become intermittently unstable, and eventually fail to boot entirely.
(It's also no where close to a 'best practices' to clutter the root.)

If you need to shorten paths, put all of those into a folder that's on the root, and it can have a really short name if you want it too.
I know microsoft says the 512 limit on root doesn't exist anymore, but it's still not the most stable thing for your machine if you exceed it. Remember, microsoft has no problem calling certain bugs and glitches "undocumented features", and still has issues from previous OS versions that hang around under the band-aids and wallpapering/whitewashing. It's kind of inevitable as long as they maintain the backwards compatibility.

The worst case of this I ran across that was still more or less running had 666,668 entries on the root. Once we cleared that mess out, which took a while, the machine perked right back up to normal and was stable again as well.
Another case was someone that kept installing things directly to the root. Not a different directory on the root, but the root itself. Of course his computer was unstable, but as the stuff he'd installed there were all mixed up together, there were all kinds of issues with mismatched dlls and uninstalls breaking things, etc.
But hey, at least they weren't storing important files in the trash, or putting the swap file in a ramdrive! (Also real things fools have done.)

As a general note, it's good to clear the temp files (tmp) from the root, as well as old log files and other cruft that tends to build up on many machines.

Coming up 404

Last edited by a moderator:

NoClue

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there, I've PM'd you but I also figure I should post here. Is the software still available? It would help a lot in developing my characters.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heya, sorry for the late response, I do not currently have internet set up at my new house, but I shot you a PM. Thanks!

ooppsmol

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello, would also like a link please

seppon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, would also like a link too please

Klaks

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd be interested in the link as well.

Kamots

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I purchased a few PV assets and just found out about the software tools. Could I get the link? Thanks!

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn’t know there was a new version of this little program I wouldn’t mind a link or any direction to check it out. Thanks.

Carladv

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Similar to above ^ would appreciate a link to the program if available. Thanks very much! Love your work :)

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem - I PM'd you all. Anyone looking for the link, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?
RPG Maker MZ demo -project with some new features:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexyahoo