captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I don't know if this particular question has already been asked.

I noticed that when you set a character to move, they move according to a grid, that is, one space at a time. 

So, here's my question:

Is it possible to have chars move a half-space?  Like, If I wanted two characters to move slightly forwards towards each other, as if embracing?  Or, having a single character move slightly back and forth as if staggering?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Script call this (more reference here):

Events refer to map events and player is well player.

Code:
# Move Events and players by fractional squares# ----------------------------------------------$game_map.events[ID].moveto(x, y)$game_player.moveto(x, y) # Example of fractional squares$game_map.events[1].moveto(0, 5.5)$game_player.moveto(7.5, 3)end

Last edited by a moderator:

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Script call this (more reference here):

Events refer to map events and player is well player.

Code:
# Move Events and players by fractional squares# ----------------------------------------------$game_map.events[ID].moveto(x, y)$game_player.moveto(x, y) # Example of fractional squares$game_map.events[1].moveto(0, 5.5)$game_player.moveto(7.5, 3)end
I tried this one, and it just made the character appear in the new position, rather than walking to the new position.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Editing my old work, I thought the black border made the characters stand out.
Yes, I should have done it from the start. 010.PNG
Took a while, but finally released an update to my game. Now to see if anyone buys it :')
Doing RPG Maker News for this week (January 21st - 27th, 2022)
practice drawing start with duck :guffaw: 64*64010.PNG
FREE puzzle generator in steam workshops. It will randomly generate countless puzzles.
If you have the steam version of MV, you can see how I made the puzzles and freely copy/paste the events into your own project.

I might add more generators to the steam workshop in the future.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suka