Character packs, etc. with barefoot characters?

geek42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Was wondering which official (or unofficial) resources (character packs, etc.) had barefoot characters. Needed for a game with earth-based magic (nod to Avatar) and damage floors.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... I don't know of any packs, but... It shouldn't be too hard to delete the shoes from the character generator parts. (Pro tip: Make a back up copy of your generator parts before you edit them!)

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you're dealing with a sprite that's pre-made (rather than generating one), it probably wouldn't be an impossible task to edit it to make it to make it barefoot. You could delete the foot portion of the sprite, and then go into your generator folder to find the base body sprite and copy bare feet from it, and then paste them onto your actual sprite. It might require a bit of resizing, repositioning, and color correction, but it probably wouldn't be that hard.

But to answer your question, I took a gander through about 15 DLC character packs, and these are the ones that had barefoot characters:
  • Fantasy Heroine Character Pack - 1 character, portrait only (sprite has shoes)
  • Fantasy Heroine Character Pack 3 - 1 character
  • Fantasy Heroine Character Pack 4 - 1.5 characters (the .5 is because one character has these legging things on that wrap around the center of her foot but leave the majority of the foot exposed)
  • Fantasy Heroine Character Pack 7 - 1 character, but she's a gorgon, so probably not what you're looking for
  • RPG Character Pack 7 - 1 character, but she's a fairy, so she probably won't work for what you're trying to do. However, her sprite is oddly the same size as all the other sprites, so you probably could edit out the wings if you really wanted
It probably would have been helpful if I had also made note of the packs I checked that didn't have any bare feet, but I wasn't awesome enough to think that far ahead. But I think that I checked just about every character pack made by Gee Kun Soft (except for any that might have been released within the past 2-3 months).

geek42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The character generator thing's a nifty idea--it doesn't generate the full-body (or upper-body) pics people use for conversation, though. Editing sprites is also probably a practical solution, though, so thanks, JohnDoeNews!

Thanks so much for looking, Arthran! I take it GKS has the most compatible image assets with the RTP (and thus, probably, most RPG maker games)?

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks so much for looking, Arthran! I take it GKS has the most compatible image assets with the RTP (and thus, probably, most RPG maker games)?
That's probably fair to say. Or rather, there simply aren't a lot of MV/MZ character packs that aren't made by Gee Kun Soft, IIRC.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The character generator thing's a nifty idea--it doesn't generate the full-body (or upper-body) pics people use for conversation, though. Editing sprites is also probably a practical solution, though, so thanks, JohnDoeNews!
A upper-body pic wouldn't show the character being barefoot anyway. :p

geek42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I guess you're right.

What do you guys think I should do for my tenth movie?

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess you're right.

What do you guys think I should do for my tenth movie?
Summat wid ninjas, oversized boobs, and big bombs? :kaoluv: Or maybe a cheap knock-off of Cinderella? Sootyrella, idk? Wid ninjas and big bombs?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!
Can Elon crash Twitter faster? I want something as big to replace it so I can promote my game there. I also need to actually do promotion this time, heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixelhans