Character parts gone invisible

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im making a game for a game jam, im new to rmv and i tried importing the male mouths and eyes to female because i needed more facial expressions and i couldnt find around here, after trying to use them they just appear blank, i really need help, im running out of time ;-;

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV follows strict rules concerning the names of the files for its generator. You need to be extremely strict on how you add files.

You have two categories of templates in MV's generator.

Face, what you will see for facesets;

All files are named like this : FG_*layer*_pXX_cY_mZZZ.png or FG_*layer*_pXX_cY.png
The layer corresponds to the part you want, Eyes or Mouth for example. pXX is the increment of the file, be sure to select a number that is not already in use. cY corresponds to the color (color 1, color 2, color 3) you select in the generator. mZZZ is the mask color. Skin, Eyes and so on have their own numbers, look at MV's generator to find them.

For all other templates, TV, TVD, SV, you've got two files per resource.
*template*_*layer*_pXX.png, which is the standard file. Be sure to have the same pXX for all templates.
*template*_*layer*_pXX_c.png, which is the mask file.

Finally, you've got the Variation folder for icons.
icon_*main_layer*_pXX.png

In your case, the main_layer is Eyes and Mouth too, which is quite easy.

Alternatively, you can use my generator (in my signature) for easier importations of resources if you struggle with MV's generator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....
If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...
The best way to end your day? Cuddle your kitten! :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popa182005