Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I was looking to add a character shop to my game (use in-game cash to unlock new characters), and was wondering how would I go about it?

I wanted to show the character's artwork (from the waist up), and their stats on a scale from 1 to 10 when you select a character before confirming the purchase.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a similar concept in which you are a mercenary and 'hire' other mercenaries to help with a mission. You have more help, but less overall loot. Then, then the mission's over, you return to having one party member.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a similar concept in which you are a mercenary and 'hire' other mercenaries to help with a mission. You have more help, but less overall loot. Then, then the mission's over, you return to having one party member.

I was aiming for this, you get them once you have them for good and they're removed from shop

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Lyseth I've done exactly this thing in the past using Yanfly's Common Events menu. It took a lot of work to setup, as i was not calling up a "status" window for the character's stats, but rather making them into images that I was using with the plugin.

Just to give you a sense of what can be done, here's an image of my "shop"

Commander_Recruitment_V1_0.png

Here's a link to that plugin if you're interested:
http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/06/yep-98-common-event-menu-rpg-maker-mv/

Good luck!

Last edited:

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lyseth I've done exactly this thing in the past using Yanfly's Common Events menu. It took a lot of work to setup, as i was not calling up a "status" window for the character's stats, but rather making them into images that I was using with the plugin.

Just to give you a sense of what can be done, here's an image of my "shop"

Commander_Recruitment_V1_0.png

Here's a link to that plugin if you're interested:
http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/06/yep-98-common-event-menu-rpg-maker-mv/

Good luck!

Is there a way to change the text like "Commander recruitment" and "Troops"?

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Lyseth yes, everything can be changed however you want it. It is based on common events so you can make it say and look however you want it to. All of these details are in the link I provided!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanics Design is for discussion at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" questions belong in the support forum for the engine you are using, as the answers are likely to be different depending on the engine.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game Mechanics Design is for discussion at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" questions belong in the support forum for the engine you are using, as the answers are likely to be different depending on the engine.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It sounded like a mechanic in my head, so I thought this would be the place to ask

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, it is a mechanic, but this question is not about the concept but implementation. As I said, "How do I...?" questions go into the specific Support forum.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pride98