OchiChernye

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey all!

Just getting started with a new project of mine and I wanted specific characters or groups of character to have to use certain items to replenish their MP. In my game, the characters use firearms primarily, so MP is actually ammunition and I want specific chars to have to reload with specific ammo types. For example, a pistol user and an smg user both reload with 9mm ammunition.

I've gotten this...mostly to work using the information contained in this older thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ke-items-only-be-usable-by-1-character.83262/

However, I've found that for some reason only one character in each weapon group is able to actually reload successfully. The others always result with an error. It seems to consistently be the same characters that is able to reload in each...but there is no difference in the events that I've set up from what I can see.

If anyone has a simple way to solve my problem I'd love to hear it!

Thank you so much for your time!

Edit: Hey all, I've attached some screens to illustrate my issue.

In the case of the screenshots I've posted, Adelheid consistently is able to reload, but Mila gets the "Can't use" message every time she attempts to...if their positions are swapped (Mila's common event is second in the list) then Mila becomes the one able to reload and Adelheid can't.

Any help would be appreciated!
Screenshot (299) - Copy.pngScreenshot (300) - Copy.pngScreenshot (301) - Copy.png

Last edited:

OchiChernye

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey all just bumping this, haven't been able to troubleshoot this myself.

If anyone could possibly help me out I'd really appreciate it!!

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
To do this I use Yanfly Item Requirements, it let you set conditions for items usage.

To make an item work on actor 3 and 7 you can do something like this:

<Enable Requirements>
Actor: 3, 7
</Enable Requirements>

You can also make it work for different weapons, for example if you want a 9mm ammunition to work on heroes who equip a pistol (id 2) and smg (id 4)

<Enable Requirements>
Weapon: 2, 4
</Enable Requirements>

It works really good, if I try giving an "ether" the game don't let me use this ether in any actor but the selected one :kaojoy:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OchiChernye
your main problem is that an item can call only one common event - if more than one common event is called, only the last one will be executed.

however, you don't need to split the commands over different common events - you can place them one after another in a single common event and then it will only affect the actor that has the state.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pontus