Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have RPG Maker VX Ace. 

I read pretty much every post on these forums relating to character speed. 

I tried using commands such as: Create Event>Set Move Route>Change Speed (I made sure it was on Player)>Speed: Normal. 

So my issue is that I'm trying to create two different events on two separate maps. One of the maps is an overworld map, which is suppose to have the speed as 2x slower. Another map, which is a town, is supposed to have normal speed. Instead, it's keeping the same speed. 

I know what you're thinking, you're going to tell me to make a new event to change the speed back to normal. I tried doing that but it's keeping the same speed. In fact, when I make a new event, the default speed is set to Slower x2. Not normal speed. I checked the code to see if it was set to a new default speed, but I couldn't find it. 

How can I change it so that it switches back to normal speed from one map to another? It's not working properly... 

Thanks. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show screenshots of both events with all their pages - most likely you made something wrong in the trigger or the conditions, because that is how it should have worked.

But we need to see the entire event to even guess where you might have made the mistake...

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here you go. I would compress the game data and choose the option so you're able to dig into the game, but you'd have to advance 15 minutes into the game to get up to the issue.

I also screenshotted the default-chosen speed for the "move route" and speed for the "autonomous movement". This is to show you that the new default speed was changed to "2x slower" somehow.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
several problems with your events:

First, you didn't give screenshots of the second pages, and higher page number = higher priority - if those have no conditions for example the first pages would never be executed.

Second, even if they are correct, using a switch to switch off the autorun is the wrong way to go - because that way, the move speed change will only be executed once when the player first enters the map, and never again after that.

Changes that need to repeat everytime the player enters that map needs to use erase event on single page events.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On the second page, it's the result for the Self-Switch event that's been turned on in the first page. I should've mentioned, but the second page has nothing on it. It's just a blank page that's triggered by the Self-Switch. 

I tried running these events without a Self-Switch, but it didn't give me control to do anything because it was on autorun. I'll try erasing the event when I get home in a few hours, I'll report back with what happens after it's been changed. 

Edit: Sometimes I get confused with erase event and self-switch. With the way you worded it, I think it helped me understand them a little more. You learn something new every day!

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One more thing you could try doing (mind you I haven't tested it since it's late and I need to get up early, but in theory it should work!!) is to apply your change speeds to your map transfers. So the transfer to enter town has the "Move Route: Change Speed to Normal". Then, any transfers back to the Overworld Map, has "Move Route: Change Speed to Slow". This way you don't have to worry about a new event just for the change speed part, and you don't need to add a new page, or erase events, etc.

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, @Andar, for your help! And yes, @GreyStone84, I actually added that into the game. Thanks for mentioning, though!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jubs